DIYSG 1299 speaker build

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushie

Reaction score
Hi All

Ive been looking around for some new HT speakers currently have Jamo S608's but was looking to upgrade to Klipsch RP-280f/RP8000(newer model) really a good sounding speaker but for it to be hidden will hurt my feelings, but then remembered speakers like the 4PI and recently stumbled across(meaning today) the DIYSG 1299's these look like proper decent front stage speakers.

My question is has anyone build or heard these in person, also would i be able to source the speaker components locally for the DIYSG 1299 or is there something similar on the local front for about the same price more or less ($470 - R6800) not shipped, the building of the boxes i'm not to worried as i build my own subs before which i'm also looking at redoing in the new room maybe a IB wall or 2 or separate boxed subs, as long as i can go low.
heres a link to a pic of them

https://www.google.co.za/search?q=diysg+1299+speakers&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil18Pl7NXdAhWEwAIHHXmdAHgQ_AUIDigB&biw=1440&bih=753#imgdii=KCb4E_wA4iDPFM:&imgrc=0eQsFUpeQ5H1PM:

any help input will be appreciated thank you in advance.