Budget gaming PC ideas, please

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonver

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
The posts below, copied from another thread, are relevant to my situation (see more below):

Crankshaft said:
The 'budget' gaming PC is ready for a dedicated GPU.
It bit of online research indicated the Nvidia GTX 750 Ti to be a solid performer from the past.

BWS said:
TSK TSK, had you gone for the Ryzen5 2400G you wouldn't need one. The APU Vega11 is on par with the GTX1050.

My older son (16) is in the process of selling his PS4 to fund the purchase of a gaming PC. He wants to live-stream. If things go to plan, he will have a budget of R6000. This is to be used for a case, power supply, mother board, RAM and GPU. He knows that with such a small budget, he has to make compromises. I am concerned of him taking a wrong trajectory with this purchase, and would like some guidance so that he does not waste money based on poor decision in the initial purchase. I want him to buy components that would allow him to upgrade easily over time.

He has already lined up some items. I don't know the specifics, but for now I understand that he is targeting a MB that supports the latest Intel generation CPU, an i3 processor and 2 x 4GB RAM. He has also spoken of the GTX1050 or 1060, but I don't know what his current choice is for GPU (I can get proper info from him tonight).

Help!