building 1st dedicated home cinema requesting advice from vets and others

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The kock

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi All

I am in the process of moving to my new house and I am dismantling all my systems as they are now, to create a few different systems.

System 1 Stereo dedicated (NAD 208 THX power amp B&W CM10's (must still purchase NAD M51 DAC/pre amp) also need advise if that is best or should I have dedicated separate pre amp??
System 2 life style 5.1 home theater (Looking for White M1 B&W to match my Rel Q200 and Yamaha av receiver RXv 381) (will later get a
System 3 Bar area Bookshelf Polks with Polk 200W 12" sub for rugga and dronk music.

System 4 dedicated cinema. this is really where I need some help for now.........

Room is 2.5m W x 2.5m H x 5.2m long.

The room dimension cant change as it is below the house and that's what I have.
I only need to put one 3 seater couch in the room as it will either be me by myself or me and the kids watching there.

What do I have:
AVR4400 as an amp
Polk Audio FXI 3 Diapoles x 4 for rear and rear back
B&W Cm centre 2 and Rotel RB980 mono bridged for the centre
I need
Set of fronts
Sub
4K projector
Projector screen (or is there an easier better way?)
4 x speakers to go above me for Auro 3D

Most importantly I would like to know what the important acoustic elements are that I should consider?
Or what is it that you only figure out after you have built the room that you wish you did before hand?

Room is currently bare concrete all round so I can put conduits plaster paint carpet etc. 

Lastly its really for my own use as a pose to getting people over so it does not need to be flashy at all its really a bang for your buck kind off room.

Any and all help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated 

Latest posts