Author Topic: Best Friends and Pets  (Read 30788 times)

Offline DavidC

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Member
Re: Best Friends and Pets
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2020, 01:39:04 PM »
Hi all. If you are on Facebook please go and like the picture of my boy Troy in the link below. The competition runs until 12H00 tomorrow (Thursday 03/12)
https://www.facebook.com/bloemnuus/photos/3487117161353644
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 01:44:22 PM by DavidC »

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+43)
  • Real Amplifiers Glow in the Dark.
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2020, 03:08:52 PM »
He is great! Unfortunately, I'm not on Vleisbook so cannot click, but give him a hug from me :)

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline HB

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2020, 03:11:44 PM »
Hi all. If you are on Facebook please go and like the picture of my boy Troy in the link below. The competition runs until 12H00 tomorrow (Thursday 03/12)
done!  :thumbs:
When You Come to a Fork in the Road, Take it!            [Yogi Berra]

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2020, 03:41:54 PM »

Stunning and got a like from me too  :thumbs:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Tzs503gp

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Resident Troll - You gotta pay the troll toll
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2021, 09:25:36 AM »
This is not gonna be an easy read. If you don’t want your calm interrupted today, don’t read any further.

I have a mate who has a factory in Roodepoort. His factory shares a 50m long driveway with the next door property. A dirty Chinese affair, where scraps of fabric are turned into rolls of carpet underlay. At the entrance to this driveway is a gate, and just inside the gate a raised wooden shed, which serves as a guardhouse. In this guardhouse lives an old guy from Venda.

In the driveway has lived a dog for about 10 years now. A real pavement special. I couldn’t even begin to guess his mix of breed, but he was a little smaller than a Doberman. His name was Scrappy.  He was nobodies dog. He used to sleep under the shed, but a few years ago, my mate bought a plastic dog kennel for him when he realised that the Venda guy did not assume any ownership of the dog. He also started buying decent dog food, as it was clear this dog was not wanted by anyone. But Scrappy was just always there. He wasn’t a guard dog. He was just a dog who lived in that driveway.

I’ve done some short term contract work for this mate over the years, sometimes spanning months. During those times I would arrive at the factory before it opened, and Scrappy and I would hang out. If I had some biltong or dry wors for lunch, Scrappy would get half before the morning bell rang. When I go to the factory for any reason, Scrappy knows when it is my car arriving, and is at my door when I’ve parked.

The fabric processing factory is a nightmare. I can’t even begin to describe what hell this place is. They break every building code there is, and once a week like clockwork a cheese van rocks up to collect the “rent”. Everything around that factory is covered in a layer of shredded fabric, including my friends place.

Scrappy was getting on in years and I’ve been expecting to get news of his passing for a while. Yesterday I got that call. But it was not the call I expected.

On Saturday afternoon, there is Scrappy snoozing in the sun near the gate as he has done for years. There’s not much traffic, because my friends factory is closed, though the fabric processing place is a 24/7 operation. The owner of the fabric place comes driving in, and callously drives over Scrappy with his 5 series BMW. He crushes the lower half of the dog. This is all recorded on camera.

What does the Chinaman do? He orders his workers to just drag the dog to the side of the building. There Scrappy lies. Saturday night. Sunday. Sunday night. Cold. Thirsty. In agony.
On Monday morning my friend arrives at his premises to find Scrappy, still alive, lying where the Chinaman had left him. The SOCA was called , and Scrappy was taken away, to be put down.

The police were called. My friend was told that they can’t do anything. As I type this I have tears in my eyes, but they are not tears of sorrow. In this PC world, I cannot say the things I want to say.

I know this story is not in the spirit of this thread. Scrappy was not my best friend. But he was a friend.

“Tell your parents not to muddy the water around us, porque, they may have to drink it soon”
Coplas- The Kingston Trio

Offline zer0

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2021, 09:52:14 AM »
This is so sad, if only he didn't have to suffer like that :'(
May karma soon intervene in those guys' lives.

Offline zer0

• AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2021, 09:53:30 AM »

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+43)
  • Real Amplifiers Glow in the Dark.
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2021, 02:01:34 PM »
Words cannot describe that piece of human trash that did this to Scrappy. Saturday was freezing, I really feel for Scrappy, lying there and suffering.

This bastard needs to be taught a serious lesson in life.

I could rant a hell of a lot more, but...

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline juventino

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2021, 09:20:52 AM »
maybe a few calls to certain authorities will teach the scum a lesson.
make him spend money to get up to code.

Will never make up for the pain poor scrappy went through but at least some Karma going his way.

Offline Tzs503gp

• AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2021, 09:36:34 AM »
Thanks for the supportive sentiments guys.

I got the footage yesterday from my friend. It is brutal.
I contacted the Animal Anti Cruelty League yesterday and spoke to an inspector who promised to follow up. Nothing.

This is the society we live in.
“Tell your parents not to muddy the water around us, porque, they may have to drink it soon”

Offline Swindlehurstguy

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Portapussy
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2021, 09:41:09 AM »
Well only saw this now, any loss of a loved animal is rough, FD so sorry to hear, was already reminded of one of our cats we lost recently, then saw Zero's post, that just messes me up!!! I guess the pain just never goes away. Our, pets are family and loyal to lose one is really just crap, sou tor your loss!        quote author=Family_Dog link=topic=74732.msg1019676#msg1019676 date=1602161985]
^^ That was exactly what happened, I held her while the jab was given. She was not happy at the prick of the needle and barked as the vet inserted it. But her passing was instantaneous but I was in a hell of a state afterwards. Tammy followed me everywhere. Previously when she was at the vet for a small procedure she howled non-stop until I came to collect her... then it was a non-stop tail-wagging and-foot licking exercise.

Nice one Zero, thanks for that.

-F_D
[/quote]

Offline zer0

• AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2021, 10:04:23 AM »
Nice one Zero, thanks for that.
My pleasure. It also brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.

Offline zer0

• AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2021, 10:26:54 AM »
Thanks for the supportive sentiments guys.

I got the footage yesterday from my friend. It is brutal.
I contacted the Animal Anti Cruelty League yesterday and spoke to an inspector who promised to follow up. Nothing.

This is the society we live in.
I can't get what happened to poor Scrappy out of my head.
This may not be the best course of action, but seeing you're not getting any joy elsewhere, have you considered posting the footage on social media. I'm sure there will be hell to pay if it does the rounds.

Offline Tzs503gp

• AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2021, 10:59:09 AM »
I can't get what happened to poor Scrappy out of my head.
This may not be the best course of action, but seeing you're not getting any joy elsewhere, have you considered posting the footage on social media. I'm sure there will be hell to pay if it does the rounds.

Me too. I can’t sleep at night.

But yes, we are compiling as much footage and identifying evidence as we can. This is going to social media ASAP.

The perpetrator hasn’t shown his face there since though. Not during daylight hours in any event. But time is on our side.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 11:03:35 AM by Tzs503gp »

Offline Ummagumma

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • OhmsHiFi
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2021, 11:14:57 AM »
Good luck. Also, lay a complaint with the local authorities about the state of the factory. Sounds like its a huge fire hazard. Get pictures of the cheese van collecting money and take it to carte blanche.  I wonder how many illegal workers he has in his employment. Hit him hard from as many sides as you can. :boxing:
For long you live and high you fly. The smiles you give the tears you cry. And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be