The things we do for love......

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
My current project: Building planter boxes.

The 2018 SA Derby starts next week. - https://www.thederby.co.za/

My "bok bok" & "special person" aka wife, has spent the last 6 weeks seeking to either purchase, or find a carpenter/handyman to construct & paint square wooden boxes to have pot plants placed in them, they then get placed alongside the jumps in the various events.

Like the image below, except the plants will be placed in the wooden boxes, to raise them & give a better look. Boxes to be painted black, as Cell-C Black is this years main sponsor.

(if you don't know the story behind "bok bok" & "special person" you can find it here: https://www.thesouthafrican.com/my-bok-boks-ab-de-villiers-voice-note-jared-harvey/)

I get plaintively asked yesterday if I can help. I should add that I've been asking for the last month if help is needed with these........

I'm now making them, each 500mm x 500mm internal dimensions. Floor raised off the ground by 50mm. To be sanded & painted black.

To be delivered by next week Tuesday  :nutter:

50 of the freaking things. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Collected the wood, cut screws, drill heads & sanding discs yesterday.

Discovered the family member who borrowed my table saw had damaged it. Luckily I have a circular saw. Cut plenty wood yesterday. Got my head around the first build last night - finding the quickest & easiest method.

Got 10 done this morning - constructed & sanded. Timing works out at about 30 minutes a unit to build & sand. They are rather rough 'n ready, but will do the job & will last for a good few years.

I am tasting sawdust with every sip.  :puke: I guess I will be doing so for the next few days!

So for anyone attending the derby - when you see the planter boxes, spare a thought & raise a glass for Tromps!  :point: :point: