DAC input limitations

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlienLlama

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm currently using a Nuprime udsd. Very impressed with the unit and can confirm the praise on the forum is justified.

However, I'm trying to move away from PC as a source. I feel the usb input is somewhat limiting. Would there be any major difference in getting something like a cambridge dacmagic or something similar?

DSD is nice but not a major requirement as my system is probably not high end enough to hear a difference (still a difference though). I mainly listen to high quality flacc or stream via Deezer. Want to upgrade to a flacc streaming service in the future.  Portability is not a concern. I use analogue outputs. I'm considering replacing my PC with a Pi solution.  The Allo USBridge is not an option. Let me also state that I'm not considering an all-in-one solution for the Pi as I believe the DACs can't beat a standalone DAC on audio quality and flexibility.

In short. A more flexible DAC than the Nuprime , but giving the same performance and maybe giving up DSD capabilities. Budget is tight as I'm looking for a straight swop, if I need to spend more I'd rather upgrade my amp. Any options? TIA

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk