Author Topic: 20 meter prolink HDMI cable  (Read 276 times)

Online naughty

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
20 meter prolink HDMI cable
« on: September 14, 2018, 02:50:30 AM »
Price: R500
Condition: good
Shipping: dont have original packaging but i can wrap in bubblewrap and send it

do you need an extra long HDMI cable then this is for you - I was using it to send all the sources in my lounge to my Bedroom TV via an HDMI matrix unit - it was working perfectly until the matrix unit became faulty and started flickering on the nearer TV .... I had output one connected via a 1.5 metre cable and output two connected via this cable - and during the last batch of load shedding the HDMI matrix unit went faulty and im guessing that this was due to the constant forced on and off without proper switching off 

so as a result i now have no use for such a long cable - i was using an ellies remote blaster for remote control of the devices in the lounge .... this also worked perfectly for the DSTV decoders while i was using it (did not bother with most of the other sources since the others could work over the network) so even with the three viewer environment i could use one of those decoders in two zones concurrently so it became a 4 viewer environment (though obviously two viewers had to be watching the same thing)

anyways the HDMI cable is a high speed cable and thicker than any other HDMI cable but im sure they used thicker cable internally because of the length

pics to follow ie its still in the trunking and i will post pics when i remove it out of the trunking - most of it was hidden inside the trunking but it was still very long and hence i rolled up the exposed bit and held it together with cable ties and hid it behind the AV rack - that section is a bit dusty but nothing that a good cleanup with some MR Min wont solve

Offline XL1000

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
Re: 20 meter prolink HDMI cable
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 06:48:11 AM »
May be keen.
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Online naughty

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 07:05:57 AM »
On hold for person who PMed

Offline XL1000

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 05:37:58 PM »
Thanks, RS4 came to the rescue today.
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Online naughty

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 05:49:57 AM »
Thanks, RS4 came to the rescue today.

apologies that you had to find an alternative but the other guys PM was timed at half an hour before your post on the thread .... and i always follow a policy of giving the option of first refusal to the first person to contact me .... otherwise i would have kept it on hold for you .... either way im glad you came right with an alternative from Josh

this one is sold so mods can please lock the thread - thanks