Author Topic: The impressive features of Samsung’s 2018 QLED TVs  (Read 1072 times)

Offline JP870609

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Love Music. Love Life. Love People.
The impressive features of Samsung’s 2018 QLED TVs
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:03:37 PM »
Stolen article from mybroadband, but must say I am impressed with the new gadgets in the 2018 QLED TV Range. Perhaps this time I will bite the bullet for a new TV.
The question remains, how much is too much to spend on a TV  :nfi:

"SmartThings to set behavior patterns for your Samsung QLED TV, such as turning on automatically when you arrive home or switching off when you leave."

"If you choose to wall-mount your new QLED TV, you can set the screen to mirror the texture of the wall behind it when it is off."

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/industrynews/275009-the-impressive-features-of-samsungs-2018-qled-tvs.html
So they introduced me to stereo..

Offline BiZKiT

Re: The impressive features of Samsung’s 2018 QLED TVs
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 01:10:22 PM »
Also like the wall art feature.

Offline abza

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 01:50:16 PM »
These are awesome - and the day both QLED and these sorts of no-brainer ambience features make it to The Frame is the day I may finally buy a new TV :)

Phwooar:

NAD 3020
Monitor Audio Silver 2, Radius 90, Silver W12

Offline xrapidx

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 01:02:04 PM »
I wonder if the TV license inspector will know....

Offline Dolby

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 01:22:55 PM »
Stolen article from mybroadband, but must say I am impressed with the new gadgets in the 2018 QLED TV Range. Perhaps this time I will bite the bullet for a new TV.
The question remains, how much is too much to spend on a TV  :nfi:

"SmartThings to set behavior patterns for your Samsung QLED TV, such as turning on automatically when you arrive home or switching off when you leave."

"If you choose to wall-mount your new QLED TV, you can set the screen to mirror the texture of the wall behind it when it is off."

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/industrynews/275009-the-impressive-features-of-samsungs-2018-qled-tvs.html

I'm sure you can do the Smartthing with the 2017 model too, as it has Smartthings.

I have it connected to my Amazon Dot and turn it on/off with speaking
When I turn it on, the direct light in front of me turns off - and the light behind me switches on.
When I say good night, it switches off all the lights in the house (and the TV).

I wish I could do the wall thing though :/ The 2017 *should* be able to do it, as it's really just the app

Offline JP870609

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Love Music. Love Life. Love People.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 08:07:50 AM »
I'm sure you can do the Smartthing with the 2017 model too, as it has Smartthings.

I have it connected to my Amazon Dot and turn it on/off with speaking
When I turn it on, the direct light in front of me turns off - and the light behind me switches on.
When I say good night, it switches off all the lights in the house (and the TV).

I wish I could do the wall thing though :/ The 2017 *should* be able to do it, as it's really just the app

Agree I believe that the features should be built into the app, thus a software update on 2017 would most probably deem the same results.

I am also looking for a proper home automation as what you described, lights and devices turning off and on according to desire/patterns. All the quotes I got started at R105,000.00 (Yes one hundred and five thousand..)
So they introduced me to stereo..

Offline Dolby

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 08:11:06 PM »
Agree I believe that the features should be built into the app, thus a software update on 2017 would most probably deem the same results.

I am also looking for a proper home automation as what you described, lights and devices turning off and on according to desire/patterns. All the quotes I got started at R105,000.00 (Yes one hundred and five thousand..)

That's the real stuff ...

A friend and myself started this just over a year back. I, unfortunately, needed to pull out - but he's gone ahead and made a nice success. ICASA approved and only R135.00 for a light/appliance. Obviously not to the same standard but you're looking at 1 or 2% of the price ;)

http://www.smartkit.co.za/