Car Headunit connected to PC and more permanent recommendations

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uns33ndamage

Reaction score
First off,  i would like to say Hi to everyone. I am new here. I frequent Carbonite and actually came here in search of some goods haha, but I see there is quite a bit of helpful information which I will definitely be reading through.

I recently purchased a set of Q Acoustics 3010 Bookshelf speakers along with a Boston Acoustics CS Sub10 ii. Something small mainly for PC use. I have yet to buy a receiver or amplifier. I connected the speakers and subwoofer to an Alpine 178BT Car Headunit powered off my PC (Ghetto, but it worked lol). It was all I had lying around and I really had to hear what the speakers were capable of.
It worked quite well, although interference is a problem. The Headunit emits what sounds like pink noise constantly.

I would like to get some recommendations. What would be my most budget friendly option to power my speakers? I will be using analogue connections from a Xonar Essence STX soundcard to the receiver/amp. Also, does anyone have experience with running a headunit off of a PC power supply and how one would go about potentially removing interference and noise? It would be nice to be able to use the Alpine headunit in the meantime giving me more time to get a more permanent solution.