Need advice...Audeze Sine - or- Sennheiser HD599 - or- Shure 840

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordBacon

Reaction score
After my headsets where stolen earlier this year  :walled: , i am finally ready to buy a new set of cans....

I will mainly be using them in an office environment and will be using them at home in the evenings. Budget is an issue, and as i am going to have to have them travel with me too and from work daily i am looking for something that is sturdy - replaceable cables is a must.

The options are based on quality of sound and obvious compromises between cost / performance.

I previously had the Audio Technica mx40 so i would like an upgrade.

A work colleague has a set of Shure 840 's and i found them to be superior to the mx40.

I am using the work mac's output as the DAC/AMP i had was also stolen, while at home i have the micca origen+

The question now is - do i take the Shure saving R1k (potentially getting a 2nd hand dac/amp), or the more expensive Audeze and ferry them too and from work? Or continue to use my in-ear buds at work, and use the Sennheisers at home exclusively? Most of my listening is done at work.

your advice is appreciated, and if you have any other recommendations (up to R3800) i would like to hear what alternatives you think would suit me better.