Author Topic: 12" QTX PASSIVE SUB  (Read 238 times)

Online XL1000

12" QTX PASSIVE SUB
« on: August 24, 2018, 07:12:24 AM »
Hi Gents

I have a QTX 12" Passive Subwooofer and I could dearly use a crossover that will cross at around 100Hz.
It is going to be fed by a 40 W/Ch Distribution Amplifier A1240 ELAN.
I want to pair the sub to a set of Peavey 12" Cabinets that will be powered by the same amp.

Is there anyone that can assist. Not looking for an expensive high quality but rather functional, reliable passive crossover.
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
Re: 12" QTX PASSIVE SUB
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 10:12:05 AM »
Assuming this is a patio party setup, a simple 2nd, even 1st order filter would suffice.
If you want to have filters both on the low-pass and high-pass, then
1st order means one cap on the high-pass (full-range) and one coil (inductor) on low-pass (sub).
2nd order is 2 caps, 2 coils.
Sticking with the non-critical listening theme, iron core wound inductors and bi-polar caps will do just fine.
Easy to design and build, I can do this for you with pleasure. :mates:
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when youíve lived a little. Miles Davis

Online XL1000

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 06:33:32 PM »
You are a champion Mike. Iíll take you up on that.
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 06:49:04 PM »
 :mates:
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when youíve lived a little. Miles Davis