Author Topic: In-Ear-HeadPhones and IEMs - For the Converted  (Read 6197 times)

Offline canman1971

Re: In-Ear-HeadPhones and IEMs - For the Converted
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2019, 04:01:40 AM »
Just read reviews on the Fh5 and Fa7 & still find it difficult without a listening session. Price wise one could opt for the CA comet too

Depends on front end (source), FH5 good all rounder bang for buck.

Offline canman1971

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2019, 04:56:15 AM »
what would be a good mid tier type of IEM for use with an entry level DAP like a Fiio M11? .... I know that Gler uses a set of FH5 but is there anything else that anyone that can recommend which wont cost Andromeda amounts of money that would work with a DAP like this or an M9 DAP

Andromeda are very source dependent, the DAPs mentioned above not compatible - hiss, noise, narrow soundstage, lack of low end. Go high end DAP and you will leave the planet. (Andromeda also take no prisoners on poor recordings). Ive tried Andromeda on many DAPs.

I would recommend FH5, FA7 (depending on sound signature preference / genre of music for M9. FH5, FA7, FH7 for M11.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 05:03:03 AM by canman1971 »

Offline canman1971

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2019, 05:01:23 AM »
Yep, unfortunately in SA it's hit-and-miss. Literally none of the popular "decent" IEMs are available to try in SA, other than maybe Campfire and FiiO (C-Plan, if they have demo units).

Doubt anyone has $3500-00 to spend on Tia Forte and there really isn't that much in it, slightly larger sound stage and low end compared with Andromeda.

Offline canman1971

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2019, 05:56:09 AM »
Doubt anyone has $3500-00 to spend on Tia Forte and there really isn't that much in it, slightly larger sound stage and low end compared with Andromeda.

Actually no need to go crazy on TOTL IEMs, speak to someone who has had countless loaners and find out what pairs well with front end.

Offline Momo

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2019, 10:04:25 PM »
Anyone have experience with Shure Se425 in ears.

Offline xenithon

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2019, 07:57:25 AM »
Don't have Tia Forte's but do have a set of 64 Audio U10's which you are more than welcome to come and try out (just bring tips  :dop: )

Offline kamikazi

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2019, 11:25:58 AM »
Anyone have experience with Shure Se425 in ears.

I owned the SE315 which believe was the single balanced armature (BA) driver model just below the SE425 and the general tuning of that range is quite mid centric with a warm tint. Treble extension is not that great, but it may be improved on the SE425 which has an additional BA driver. Bass response is not elevated and there are no real mid range peaks or anything, so with the shelved treble you can play them quite loud, but overall the sound signature is a little bit on the polite and boring side. That range is also quite a bit older now and the SE535 seems to be the pick of that particular range. I've since moved on the DD based IEMs which I prefer over BA based IEMs.

Offline Momo

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2019, 12:48:15 PM »
I owned the SE315 which believe was the single balanced armature (BA) driver model just below the SE425 and the general tuning of that range is quite mid centric with a warm tint. Treble extension is not that great, but it may be improved on the SE425 which has an additional BA driver. Bass response is not elevated and there are no real mid range peaks or anything, so with the shelved treble you can play them quite loud, but overall the sound signature is a little bit on the polite and boring side. That range is also quite a bit older now and the SE535 seems to be the pick of that particular range. I've since moved on the DD based IEMs which I prefer over BA based IEMs.

Thanks for the sound impressions,as much as i love a good midrange above any other frequency range i am looking for the best resolution i can get for the money,i am not big on bass more for bass quality so that wouldnt be a problem but i have read that they do lack treble which could be dissapointing on the SE425 as i have read in many customer reviews.The SE535 seems better but my budget is around the 5k mark

Offline canman1971

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2019, 11:53:17 PM »
Many manufacturers claiming TOTL IEMs that is until you listen to them on high end DAPs.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 12:11:13 AM by canman1971 »