Poor Social Skills

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisflex

R.I.P. 23 March 2022
Reaction score
A while ago I loaned a young neighbor my pressure washer.

Yesterday after avoiding me for sometime I saw him and asked if I could have it back.

He was visibly annoyed and went to fetch it from his garage.

It was dirty and I have seen him use it on his new "VW" of some sort. (they all look the same) 

No thank you for loaning it to me or an apology for the condition.

Now having boxed for a number of years I often used that skill to teach folks "manners".

But I am getting on a bit and these days folks don't take their hidings like men.

Instead they run off and you either get arrested or their medical bill arrives accompanied by a letter from their attorney...

On other occasion we were away on holiday and asked another neighbor to keep an eye on our place.

No problem we made sure to thank them bring them a souvenirs and invited them for a coffee so that we can present them with their gifts. 

During coffee on that  Friday night I proposed that we take them to breakfast  on the Sunday morning.

They agreed and were exited to go to breakfast at some place they had never heard of before.

Also this was in the middle of the month as we noticed that despite driving new cars and dressing in the latest fashions, these folks can only afford to "party" once a month. 

I guess when the brandy bottle is empty that is it until the next"payday"

So Sunday morning comes and there is no sign of these folks...

Not answering their phones and that was it we went to breakfast without them.

Also no apology nothing...