Suggestions for a mid priced stereo system?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big G

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hey good folk,

I'm looking to setup a nice stereo system soon, and would like some suggestions as to what to consider?

I do have a Nad C720bee Stereo receiver already, but am considering something else. I'm looking to spend no more than R12,000 on a setup, but may stretch a bit more for the right system?

So essentially, I'm looking for speakers and a good CD player, but would look into an amp as well?

I was offered a pair of B&W 804 Nautilus for a great price, but then would not have anything left to updrade anything else if I got them.

I'm mainly into rock of all types from soft to heavy, but also enjoy acoustic and some folk and jazz too. Not much of a classical kind unless its intergrated into modern music.

I am currently listening to my music through my Rotel RSX 1056 with Boston VR2's and do love the sound, but am looking for something a bit more special.

Any suggestions as to where to start looking would be appreciated? Oh and I'm based in Cape Town if that helps?

Regards
G!

Latest posts