My PC developed a bad hiccup!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1727

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
My PC has developed this incredibly annoying "hiccup", for want of a better word, that causes the music to be interrupted by a small, but very noticeable skip. It is connected to the DAC-9 via usb and this setup has been used for the last 3+ months without an issue or changes. It started happening this week. Even through the soundcard the little pc speakers also do the same. So I am pretty sure it is the PC. Also, when the mouse moves you can see the "hiccup" in the mouse movement too. The mouse pointer stops moving briefly during the event if you move it around. Seems the pc is doing something in the background that caused this intermittently. There is no pattern. It happens with Tidal, Spotify and music on the hard drive.

Hope to get some advice but after researching this with mr Google I am more lost than ever. What is my other options to stream music from harddrive and Tidal etc to the DAC via usb? Dedicated music server? I don't even know what options I have, other than getting a dedicated laptop for music.

PC specs: i5, 8Gb ram, Win 10 Pro, big enough HDD, 850W PS, GTX 750 Ti graphics card. Runs games perfectly. No viruses, clean scans. Wireless mouse and keyboard. On board soundcard.

Really annoying. I now stream Spotify through the WR-100 optical, but it is not ideal. I just want the pc to work like it has done so well up to now.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.