Author Topic: Why do my posts keep getting moved?  (Read 984 times)

Offline BiZKiT

Why do my posts keep getting moved?
« on: August 06, 2018, 05:35:58 PM »
Mods i post in traders section so what is the problem? No one ever goes to the traders induvidual sections. If this is the case please remove me as a trader ill stick to the other sections.

This board is intended for use by members rated as 'Traders' to post their AV sales. Non-AV sales to be in the 'Open Sales' section. This is exactly what im doing...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 05:38:13 PM by BiZKiT »

Offline Curlycat

Re: Why do my posts keep getting moved?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 05:44:15 PM »
You are a Commercial Member and not a Trader.
I am moving this post as well, because this post too is posted under the wrong section. It does not belong in General AV discussion. A PM would have sufficed or this section: Please Submit Your Positive Forum Suggestions Here
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 05:48:13 PM by Curlycat »

Offline Curlycat

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 05:51:50 PM »
If you no longer wish to be a trader, please send an email to Admin.

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 05:56:30 PM »
Im forced to no longer be and im not the only member to feel this way. We might as well not bother because no one goes in the commercial section. Ill send a mail.

Offline GECO

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 05:58:51 PM »
i do find this rule particularly weird.
i would say commercial product and services under member section but trade under classified. you guys are segmenting way to much

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 06:08:06 PM »
Yes its not like im selling Bentley acoustics im selling my own personal stuff.

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 08:07:57 PM »
As long as you are promoting Bentley Acoustics, your status as a Commercial Member remains.

Please live with this, your views on the Commercial Member sales are completely wrong. Sell the right stuff, it will move.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline pwatts

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 08:37:34 PM »
Irrespective of intent, I find the separation far too complicated, especially as it's often not moderated 24/7 and even the posters end up not knowing their status and posting in the wrong section to muddle the situation even more. So despite the reasoning, it's rather evident that the solution isn't working.

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 04:08:46 AM »
As long as you are promoting Bentley Acoustics, your status as a Commercial Member remains.

Please live with this, your views on the Commercial Member sales are completely wrong. Sell the right stuff, it will move.

-F_D

But im not, this is my own personal stuff im selling, there is a Bentley speaker ontop but that is not what is for sale, i really feel the point is being missed and in todays economy and high end audio slowly starting to die can this forum afford to lose more selling members? I really feel this is counter productive and im waisting my time so i will then move on if its not working for me. Take a look at how many members have stoped trying because of this...

Offline Curlycat

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 06:41:30 AM »
Irrespective of selling personal or commercial goods, you must post in the Commercial Section. We do not differentiate between personal goods or commercial goods. The only exception is the Open Sales section.

Offline seanjammy

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 06:45:35 AM »
These really do seem like rules for rules' sake. They make the forum complicated and difficult to understand and navigate. Would suggest that the mods reconsider.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 07:53:25 AM »
The Classifieds AV sales is for normal members to sell their AV related items, it is not there for Commercial Members to flood with selling their "own" items. Commercial Members are granted their own spot on the forum free of charge, is it too much to ask that6 they respect the forum rules?

Why is it so difficult to read CM posts? All one has to do is to click on the "Show unread posts since last visit" tab on the top. Pretty straightforward, not so?

There are many CM who are selling successfully in the correct thread, so the argument above holds no water. Perhaps consider what you are actually selling - is it of interest to many forumites?

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 08:22:26 AM »
only old forum members go there its where "kit goes to die". If this does not change i will be taking a leave of absence as im waisting my time here. Really love what i do with audio but if it become this difficult to get to the right place i can spend my time better somewhere that needs the service. I can see why Brett no longer waists his time and sells on other market places.

In the end we are just trying to grow the community but it is ruled to death. Feels like back at school when you are a prefect. All the fun dies also...

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 08:29:34 AM »
My last positive try to correct this as i am a positive person. Add a new section at the market place for commercial members to post daily for sale stuff. Members can then go to the commercial individual section to see what is there what this specific member can provide more. I think this is a good trade off and a preview of sorts also those members can sell there personal kit there at good deals to members.

Dont see this as a attack only trying to help as i know we all feel this way. Please raise hands if i wrong.

Take RS4 for example, this is why he is not commercial and i see his point.

Offline Rotten Johnny

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 08:50:40 AM »
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.