Author Topic: DIY AV unit advice  (Read 830 times)

Offline ronman

Re: DIY AV unit advice
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2018, 09:37:11 AM »
Morning Detox

What works for me, won't work for others, but if you can use and improve an idea of mine, then we all grow.

Take your time on the planning and preparation (sanding, making sure the edges are properly squared, etc), coz as you know the foundation of your work is more critical than applying the shiny polish finish.    I found the more DIY I started doing the more tools I needed. The more tools I got I soon learnt their strength and weaknesses, which lead to more tools LOL. But I am having fun in the process!

Good luck. Keep us updated with your progress please.
Maybe others can use and expand on your ideas.

And watch out for those damn stray cats.....

Offline detox

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2018, 10:30:07 AM »
Morning Detox

What works for me, won't work for others, but if you can use and improve an idea of mine, then we all grow.

Take your time on the planning and preparation (sanding, making sure the edges are properly squared, etc), coz as you know the foundation of your work is more critical than applying the shiny polish finish.    I found the more DIY I started doing the more tools I needed. The more tools I got I soon learnt their strength and weaknesses, which lead to more tools LOL. But I am having fun in the process!

Good luck. Keep us updated with your progress please.
Maybe others can use and expand on your ideas.

And watch out for those damn stray cats.....

:thumbs:

Offline detox

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2018, 11:47:01 AM »
Anyone know of a place I can take the wood, I intend to build unit with, to be planed?

I have tried Timber City, Baltic timber and a few more well known companies but because I didnt buy the wood from them, they wont risk putting it through their machines.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:16:31 PM by detox »

Offline ronman

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2018, 05:28:33 PM »
Hi

Is there are sort of woodworking custom order furniture making place around there that may help ?

Offline ronman

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2018, 05:34:00 PM »
Must the wood be planed ?
Could you get by using (hiring) a heavy sanding machine?

Offline detox

« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:27:30 AM »
Hi

Is there are sort of woodworking custom order furniture making place around there that may help ?

Looking into it but I think ill just have to sand them... :flame:

Project taking a slight back-burner...more pressing goodies to see to.  Will update when I kick off again. :be: