Author Topic: Velodyne EQ Max 12 Sub- Microphone alternate part  (Read 858 times)

Offline Wim

Velodyne EQ Max 12 Sub- Microphone alternate part
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:39:42 PM »
Have recently acquired the mentioned sub for a great price, but missing the EQ microphone. Sub works great but I am curious as to how the room eq works and if it will make a big difference, but I need a microphone.

What is a suitable alternate I can use or should I contact Velodyne (which I am trying to avoid)? It has a 3.5mm connector for the mic in front of the sub. Reading up a bit the Behringer ECM 8000 was mentioned but want to get some opinion here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
Re: Velodyne EQ Max 12 Sub- Microphone alternate part
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 04:47:03 PM »

Most of the HT receiver mics are the same or very similar. Try one of those.

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline Wim

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 06:06:25 PM »
That looks exactly like the one I have seen in the brochures! Where can I buy something like that? If anybody have one lying around I will definitely buy it. Please let me know!

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 06:14:55 PM »
There have been a few on offer here. Scour the classifieds.

BTW, I believer that using the Behringer mic will not be an easy task, as it requires 9V to 48V phantom power, plus you'd need to make adaptors from the XLR to 3.5mm jack.

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline Dewald

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 07:56:01 AM »
Have recently acquired the mentioned sub for a great price, but missing the EQ microphone. Sub works great but I am curious as to how the room eq works and if it will make a big difference, but I need a microphone.

What is a suitable alternate I can use or should I contact Velodyne (which I am trying to avoid)? It has a 3.5mm connector for the mic in front of the sub. Reading up a bit the Behringer ECM 8000 was mentioned but want to get some opinion here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I have one for you if your'e still looking.
Integra 50.4 - MA GX200 Fronts - MA GX150 Centre - 2 x Velodine SPL 1000 Subs - Classe CA 2100 poweramp - Mede8er 1000EXT3D 3T -

Music Connects Us All

Offline Wim

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 10:20:40 PM »
Thanks Dewald, I came right with one from fdlsys. Not a Velodyne one but it seems to work fine.