Author Topic: Recommendations for Wireless In-Ear Earphones  (Read 182 times)

Offline JP870609

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Love Music. Love Life. Love People.
Recommendations for Wireless In-Ear Earphones
« on: July 24, 2018, 07:37:16 AM »
I am looking for in-ear earphones within the price range of R500. Any recommendations will be appreciated.  :thumbs:

I saw these at Takealot - but skeptical of the quality, plus the listening time only allows for 2hrs before it needs to be charged again.

https://www.takealot.com/polaroid-true-wireless-stereo-earbuds/PLID49519207
So they introduced me to stereo..

Offline ron g

Re: Recommendations for Wireless In-Ear Earphones
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 10:59:43 PM »

i took a look on takealot & pricecheck.
really am shocked to see how many bluetooth iem options there are in this price range!
i can't make any recommendations since i have heard none of them. i did once buy a set in that price range from hifi corp & promptly tossed them in the bin.
i would suggest though that it may be worth considering at least a reasonable name brand like the jbl t110 bluetooth set on takealot at just under 500. they do at least claim a longer battery life as well.
i had no idea there were so many brands in that market. i have to suspect that a whole bunch of them come out of the same chinese factory.
is it just me or have bitcoin people gone a bitquiet because its a bitdown? #bitter

Offline JP870609

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Love Music. Love Life. Love People.
Re: Recommendations for Wireless In-Ear Earphones
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 11:30:29 AM »

i took a look on takealot & pricecheck.
really am shocked to see how many bluetooth iem options there are in this price range!
i can't make any recommendations since i have heard none of them. i did once buy a set in that price range from hifi corp & promptly tossed them in the bin.
i would suggest though that it may be worth considering at least a reasonable name brand like the jbl t110 bluetooth set on takealot at just under 500. they do at least claim a longer battery life as well.
i had no idea there were so many brands in that market. i have to suspect that a whole bunch of them come out of the same chinese factory.

Thanks Ron, I have subsequently to this post bought a pair of Geist In-Ear Earphones. (The Gareth Cliff Edition). It was on the daily deal two days ago, bought it for R499. It has a music listening battery life of 10 hrs. Have been using it for the past two days at work streaming from my laptop. I got to say I like the 'wirelessness' quite a bit. The comfort of getting up refilling water bottle etc. without needing to take earphones out. 

This is my first experience with wireless earphones and I must say I think I will buy another pair very soon to keep a pair at home and work.

And yes I agree - there are a ton of these bluetooth in-ears on the market (what to choose..)

https://www.takealot.com/geist-cliffcentral-wireless-bluetooth-earphones/PLID47799277
So they introduced me to stereo..