Advice on Dj Turntables

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo_do

Reaction score
Hello, hope you guys are having a good saturday. Im still new here (like Gil-Scott H), but ive been a silent reader for quite a while. Farming information out of here.

I need some advice, im investing in a set of turntables as a vinyl dj. Ive played on a few systems, the SL1200/10 are great, but i dont have that kind of money - in fact i have very little money

So i turn to the great wisdom of other people over the internet, and i humbly ask what would you guys recommend or I ask if you know of anything reasonable out there? as i said not gonna spend 15k on SLs because, well, I cant.

currently im looking at a pair of Numark TT500+audio8+mixer [not known] (@R7000 , any good?) and TT1520+m60 mixer (price unknown). Ideally the decks should be robust for living on the road a little and will be used with some light scratching and lots of play time.
the TT500 seem like the clear option (for torque) but im unfamiliar with the tt1520
frantically shopping around, but nothing has come up really and im taking my time with this to make sure i make a sound decision :giggle:

If you cant think of anything but know about turntables, id just like to know what i should be looking out for.
So far im looking at build quality, tone-arm adjustment, torque and how well it maintains/changes its speed and maintains balance (ride) - which as far as i understand is what makes the Technics so good. Am i on the right track?

up until now Ive mostly played with a mismatched, low-output SL knockoff and battered Stanton T50 both with entry level Stanton headshells and conical AT91 cartridges coupled, couple with on a 2channel Vestax VMC002 (which has actually been fantastic).  Just wanna get to a decent level here with the turntables
Any help and advice will be much appreciated. Thank u :dop: