New AVR

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djinn

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster. I've been following the progression of Dolby Atmos, and decided to pull the trigger. It was a tough choice and quite a bit of research went in to it. To me, the no brainer ended up being the Denon X3400H - the buying ended up bring a bit more challenging. I ended up getting ready to buy from a well known online retailer (the guys in blue) which only offered one year warranty.

I thought it would be smart to do one last look around, and came across a company called "smart lifestyle", saw a JHB number and gave them a call. I didn't get an answer and thought that was it... A guy by te name of Vaughan called back withing 5 minutes and I was sold. Not only did he give me a much better price than anything I could find online, he offers a longer warranty,  was super helpful and delivered to my house within 24 hours. If it wasn't mentioned before, I can really recommend Vaughan and his company.

My next step would be to buy a decent set of speakers and probably a blu ray player (once I've figured out what will work best for me) - I'll definitely knock on his door again when the time comes.