Author Topic: My DIY (commissioned) headphone stand!  (Read 1133 times)

Offline canman1971

Re: My DIY (commissioned) headphone stand!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2018, 12:21:07 AM »
Post us a rough drawing..? I have the hanging type stands, like above, and the omega stands. Neither are perfect, both have problems in the form of material compression or causing permanent indentation marks. Original boxes or just flat on a paded surface still seems to me like the best way to store headphones.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

+1

Offline Michon

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 12:23:42 AM »
Original boxes or just flat on a paded surface still seems to me like the best way to store headphones.

This is what I've been doing.

Offline PaganMcLoud

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2018, 03:20:55 PM »
If it were me... I'd get myself a mannequin head, spray in a single colour that best matches the rest of the room's decor, and that should realistically be the most suitable way to store ANY kind of phones, light or heavy.
From the Dalai Lama:  Cables in allegory, are the "umbilical cord" or thread between life and afterlife. The quality of such life depends on the "source" of the energy, and not on the stitch or the thread...

Offline Michon

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 06:51:19 PM »
I have the hanging type stands, like above, and the omega stands. Neither are perfect, both have problems in the form of material compression or causing permanent indentation marks.

I've been storing my HD800 in the original box when not using them, but the original boxes don't look good so I would put them in a cupboard when the headphones are not in use. I'd like to keep the headphones out for quicker access. Which leaves me to consider either stands or the padded surface option.

What problems have you experienced with the use of your omega stands? Have you noticed that your headphones' earpads have compressed quickly?

I'd get either the Omega/Sieveking style.

Or DIY commissioned from pandaattack's friend.

I'm not sure where I would get ones like these.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 06:56:48 PM by Michon »

Offline Dhiveshan

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 11:12:07 PM »
This works for me without any pressure on the ear pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk