Author Topic: Input needed: Projector or TV?  (Read 761 times)

Offline Simango4

Re: Input needed: Projector or TV?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2018, 09:29:11 PM »
@BiZKiT, awesome, i'll make an arrangement with you & bring my HD200X so i can have a good idea of the improvenent added solely by the grey screen since I already know the projector's black level on a white screen.

@RS4, I was open minded until the R40k price tag for a 100" screen threw me off the edge...cost wise, it's total overkill for an entry level projector like mine. The decrease in screen size from my current 108" to the R40k 100" is also undesirable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Music is What Feelings Sound Like...
You Don't Stop Gaming Because you Grow Old, You Grow Old Because you Stop Gaming...

Offline RS4

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2018, 09:59:25 PM »
I agree that R40k is expensive. The rewards are fantastic tho.

Buying a Slate motorized screen on its own is close on R70k, so the Solo at R40k is significantly better value. Bigger sizes are available, but the 100" is currently on special.

If you want, we can organize a Solo demo. My new demo room will have one on display.
Optoma
Cyrus, Dynaudio, Anthem, JL Audio!

:oppo: ?

Offline Simango4

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2018, 10:03:28 PM »
I agree that R40k is expensive. The rewards are fantastic tho.

Buying a Slate motorized screen on its own is close on R70k, so the Solo at R40k is significantly better value. Bigger sizes are available, but the 100" is currently on special.

If you want, we can organize a Solo demo. My new demo room will have one on display.
Awesome, i'll arrange with you for a visit soon...Demos are lining up well

Thanks Gentlemen

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Music is What Feelings Sound Like...
You Don't Stop Gaming Because you Grow Old, You Grow Old Because you Stop Gaming...