A problem with Sonarworks, miniDSP ministreamer and OS X.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micron

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Equipment used:
MacBook Pro running OSx 10.13.4.
miniDSP miniSTREAMER: https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/ministreamer
Apogee PSX-100 DAC

I have been using the miniSTREAMER to interface between my MacBook and my Apogee. I plug the USB input of the miniSTREAMER into a usb port of the MacBook and an RCA to RCA cable from the S/PDIF output of the miniSTREAMER to the S/PDIF input of the Apogee. The analog output of the Apogee goes to my pre amp, which goes to my power amp to power my loudspeakers. This worked perfectly from the first time I used it. As soon as I plugged the miniSTREAMER into my macbook the Apogee clock would indicate that it has locked and it would convert and play audio from my MacBook.

A few days ago I decided to try the Sonarworks correction software and installed their Systemwide software on my MacBook. I applied the Systemwide correction successfully to the headphone jack output of my MacBook for listening to headphones and when I wanted to listen to my speakers I would close the Systemwide software and select the miniDSP as my audio output device, which would send the signal to my loudspeakers. Note that I was not applying any correction to the signal sent to the miniDSP.

A few days ago I decided that I would try to apply the Systemwide correction to the signal being sent to the miniDSP too so that I could play with correction curves on my loudspeakers. When I did this I didn't get any audio of out of my Apogee and I noticed that the Apogee indicated that it has an error with the clock and the clock won't lock. The Apogee gets it's clock from it's digital input source, which is the miniSTREAMER in this case.

Ever since I tried to apply the correction to the signal being sent to the miniDSP I have been unable to get the Apogee to lock onto the clock signal from the output of the miniDSP.

I have deleted the Systemwide application yet the problem still remains.

If I plug the miniSTREAMER into a windows laptop the Apogee clock locks immediately so the problem seems to lie with the MacBook.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Latest posts