Author Topic: Memorable movie themes  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Keyser Soze

Re: Memorable movie themes
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2018, 08:57:57 PM »
Possibly not as I canít figure out the movie

It's from Training Day...

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2018, 10:04:58 PM »
One that passed me by then (I may have seen it but honestly cannot say)
When the sun is dying, we'll cross the causeway of no memory.....

Offline Tenflare

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Gaming on orthodynamics since 2006.
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2018, 11:25:59 PM »
How about Alonzo and Jake in the Caddilac Monte Carlo, and Alonzo goes, "You're in the office baby..." start engine, rev and cue "Still Dre!!!..." has a song ever made a bigger impact on a movie than that one?
Don't forget the hydraulics kicking in. Love that scene.

Never use a graph when a good metaphor will do...

Offline manetino

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2018, 07:15:00 AM »
Another interesting gem... the aide who carries Mr Alexander around after Alex has rendered him wheel-chair bound, is the original Darth Vader (David Prowse)

I Didnít know that!

Did you guys notice on Top Gun (another great soundtrack) when Maverick lands after his successful mission at the end, that his new replacement partner (who gets a millisecond of airtime) is the great Tim Robbins!

Offline Keyser Soze

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2018, 07:37:07 AM »
I Didnít know that!

Did you guys notice on Top Gun (another great soundtrack) when Maverick lands after his successful mission at the end, that his new replacement partner (who gets a millisecond of airtime) is the great Tim Robbins!

Yeah a Much younger baby faced Tim Robbins

Offline classcutup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
  • I like to move it move it
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2018, 10:37:33 AM »
Brazil - Geoff Muldaur

Offline Katji

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2020, 12:56:11 PM »
Lots of like for Ennio Morricone here, this seemed the most suitable thread.
-----
https://thequietus.com/articles/29259-ennio-morricone-focus-of-documentary

Ennio Morricone's Legacy Is Focus Of New Documentary
Christian Eede , November 20th, 2020 16:41

'Ennio Morricone: The Secrets Behind His Genius' brings together stories from five of his past collaborators

The late Ennio Morricone's work and legacy is the focus of a new documentary, Ennio Morricone: The Secrets Behind His Genius, which has been co-produced by CAM Sugar & Decca Records.

The 26-minute film was captured at Morricone's Forum Studios in Rome, and brings together five collaborators from across the composer's career: guitarist/composer Bruno Battisti DíAmario, pianist/composer Enrico Pieranunzi and vocalist Edda DellíOrso, organist Giorgio Carnini and saxophonist/arranger Gianni Oddi.

Their reflections cover Morricone's work process and his love of music, as well as his approach to seeking out collaborators. You can watch the film, which was released this month to mark what would have been the late composer's 92nd birthday, above.

Offline Orcish75

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2020, 01:42:06 PM »
Blade Runner - Vangelis

Made a huge impact to the movie, really helped to set the futuristic, dystopian mood

Offline Katji

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2020, 01:58:18 PM »
[...]
Only slightly better is The Theory of Everything by Johann Johannson. A movie close to my heart since my mother worked in Bletchley Park for 4 years during WWII.  A very accurate movie which did not skip over the terrible treatment of Alan Turing after the war

I noticed this just now.  The terrible treatment, I thought I'd read about it recently, not found in browser history, realised it was something I'd seen on tv...

Icons: The Greatest Person of the 20th Century ... - BBC Two

Very good, really worth seeing.  Comprehensive (I think there were 4 or 5 in the series)...Long list - Alan Turing, David Bowie, Mandela, Mohamed Ali, Ernest Shackleton, Picasso, Churchill, Thatcher, Einstein, Gandhi, Alfred Hitchcock, Marie Curie...

btw, Alan Turing, IQ 185, approx. 0.01% in population.  Did not describe himself as a philosopher, but... He was deep into concepts of AI ... odd that Tesla is more well-known.  Yes, the way he was treated was really terrible, shameful, now that society is more advanced.

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2020, 05:28:09 PM »
Bought a couple of soundtrack CDs at the charity shop the other day, both are excellent:

Clint (from PWEI) Mansell - Requiem for a Dream
Peter Gabriel (and loads of musicians) - The Passion of the Gracious
When the sun is dying, we'll cross the causeway of no memory.....