Audio-Gd R2R11 Dac ( My Impressions )

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stereosane

Where Music & Emotions Meet
Reaction score
So I recently aquired an Audio Gd Multibit Dac. This is just my experience with the unit in my system.

This little Dac has blown me away, at first I was hesitant as I don?t know Audio Gd well and there is  lots of good and bad opinions on the net, for the price and what it can do I thought it really cannot be that great if it?s a 3 in 1 at that price ( Headphone Amp, Pre & Dac ).

Well was I taken back by this Dac, first off the amount of air around instruments and the recording atmosphere that it captures is scary, the sound takes on a 3D affect like I?ve never heard before, on certain tracks I fell like I?m surrounded by the music instead of it been in front of me, the decay of instruments last longer as well adding to a better sense of depth to the sound. It?s not neutral and has a definite color to its sound, a bit of warmth and liqudness to the sound, the music just seems to flow.  Vocals sound fuller and more natural as well compared to my other Dacs.

All in all the music just flows with a natural and smooth sound, percussion, bass guitar and vocals are so much better than on any other Dac I?ve owned, it?s got a tube warmth about it and makes you just want to listen the music without analyzing anything. I even put it up against my Nad M51 thinking it won?t touch it and well now I?m not sure the Nad is so good in my system anymore..

For the price and the performance this is one special Dac. If you like a touch of body and warmth to your music this is the Dac!

Just my opinion :)