Author Topic: Subwoofers moves when played a little louder?  (Read 662 times)

Offline phoneJunky

Re: Subwoofers moves when played a little louder?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 03:31:16 PM »
I have the same sub and also noticed this.  My sub is currently on a tile floor so I will first see what it does when I put it on another surface.
AVR: Denon 1912
Speakers:Monitor Audio SS200, silver Rx Centre, B2
Sub: Monitor Audio BXW10

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 05:00:04 PM »
Go to a monumental mason and ask them for a flat off-cut.  Friend got a terrific bargain, a superb piece of marble which had been spoiled with a bad spelling mistake of the deceased
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline jasondeklerk

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 11:46:32 AM »
Thanks for all the advice guys, but someone on the forum offered me the opportunity to trade up (i.e. buy theirs) so I think I will take them on their offer and sell my 2 monitor audio subwoofers. 

Offline PaganMcLoud

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »
Thanks for all the advice guys, but someone on the forum offered me the opportunity to trade up (i.e. buy theirs) so I think I will take them on their offer and sell my 2 monitor audio subwoofers. 
Great!  Go 4 it,  but add some weight to the top of these and at least hear what it sounds like.   Then you have a more "true" story of what these MA subs can actually do.   Senseless being "blown away" by the "improved" upgrade if you haven't really established a proper reference point.
From the Dalai Lama:  Cables in allegory, are the "umbilical cord" or thread between life and afterlife. The quality of such life depends on the "source" of the energy, and not on the stitch or the thread...

Offline Spurge

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2018, 12:29:23 PM »
One can always try using copious amounts of prestick !!