Author Topic: Posts not locked after goods are sold  (Read 567 times)

Offline kenvanraas

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: Posts not locked after goods are sold
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 09:18:22 PM »
*** Pls lock ***  :pleasant:

Offline PaganMcLoud

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 09:30:45 PM »
You cannot edit your ad which is stupid actually. You can't adjust the price nor mark it as sold. This what they say when you want to place an ad:

"Ads submitted and approved automatically expire after two weeks"

Yeah right, mine has been running for two months now and not expired and I cannot mark them sold (which happened more than a month ago) :whistler:
Consider the reasoning behind not allowing sellers to edit their ads.   It leaves room for potential "foulplay" on the seller's part.  I dont think there's much wrong with the current system, but I do see the benefit of a FORCED SALES TEMPLATE that if not filled completely, your ad is not posted.  Just not sure if the site software currently allows for this. 
From the Dalai Lama:  Cables in allegory, are the "umbilical cord" or thread between life and afterlife. The quality of such life depends on the "source" of the energy, and not on the stitch or the thread...

Offline BJ

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 11:09:53 PM »
if its long been sold then the responsibility rested on the part of the buyer to actually check the initial date of the thread - if its more than 6 months old then its basically pointless to consider this not sold since if it isnt sold the seller will keep bumping the thread - i never respond to any sale thread that hasnt seen any action for over 6 months - its actually irritating when someone responds to threads that are like 2 to 3 years old because the odds that the seller still has this item for sale despite the thread still being open is actually around 0,0000001%

I have no problem with a FS thread being open indefinitely....if not sold.

The Mods have been very good at closing the threads if requested by seller, so I salute them on this!!

The problem is not “grey areas” rather “grey matter”

The requests, responses and enquiries on open Forums never 🛑 to amazes me  :2c:

Shunyata - See No Evil; Hear No Evil

Offline kenvanraas

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 11:26:20 PM »
whats grey matter

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 07:48:28 AM »
whats grey matter

The solid version of grey water  :nfi:   ;D
The way of the warrior is NO match for the way of the wife.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 08:50:12 AM »
SMC software can be flagged to permit posters to close their posts.  Would this satisfy these requirements?
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline manetino

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 12:17:03 PM »
This used 2 be the mods' responsibility but now it's the sellers' responsibility.   With all due respect.... a "matter of urgency?"   Aren't you over-playing your role just a little bit?   It's kinda like that guy who played Lex Luthor in Batman vs Superman.     :)

:BWAHAHAH: :Whoohoo: