Author Topic: Posts not locked after goods are sold  (Read 679 times)

Offline Pholo

Posts not locked after goods are sold
« on: July 09, 2018, 02:07:46 PM »
Who's responsibility is it to ensure posts are closed once items have been successfully sold? I have noticed so many unlocked posts and when you contact the seller only to be told stuff has long been sold. I believe it can save us valuable time if this matter can be resolved as a matter of urgency

Offline PaganMcLoud

Re: Posts not locked after goods are sold
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 02:21:05 PM »
This used 2 be the mods' responsibility but now it's the sellers' responsibility.   With all due respect.... a "matter of urgency?"   Aren't you over-playing your role just a little bit?   It's kinda like that guy who played Lex Luthor in Batman vs Superman.     :)
From the Dalai Lama:  Cables in allegory, are the "umbilical cord" or thread between life and afterlife. The quality of such life depends on the "source" of the energy, and not on the stitch or the thread...

Offline bearenzo

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 02:27:04 PM »
I think it's the seller's responsibility to make a clear request to mod to lock the thread.
But if the thread wasn't lock, no one has the right to be upset, since none of us have paid for the service.

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 02:57:10 PM »
I think it's the seller's responsibility to make a clear request to mod to lock the thread.
But if the thread wasn't lock, no one has the right to be upset, since none of us have paid for the service.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Pholo

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 03:08:43 PM »
Thanks a lot for your responses. At least now I understand

Offline naughty

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 03:51:20 PM »
Who's responsibility is it to ensure posts are closed once items have been successfully sold? I have noticed so many unlocked posts and when you contact the seller only to be told stuff has long been sold. I believe it can save us valuable time if this matter can be resolved as a matter of urgency

if its long been sold then the responsibility rested on the part of the buyer to actually check the initial date of the thread - if its more than 6 months old then its basically pointless to consider this not sold since if it isnt sold the seller will keep bumping the thread - i never respond to any sale thread that hasnt seen any action for over 6 months - its actually irritating when someone responds to threads that are like 2 to 3 years old because the odds that the seller still has this item for sale despite the thread still being open is actually around 0,0000001%

Offline juventino

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 04:42:58 PM »
if its long been sold then the responsibility rested on the part of the buyer to actually check the initial date of the thread - if its more than 6 months old then its basically pointless to consider this not sold since if it isnt sold the seller will keep bumping the thread - i never respond to any sale thread that hasnt seen any action for over 6 months - its actually irritating when someone responds to threads that are like 2 to 3 years old because the odds that the seller still has this item for sale despite the thread still being open is actually around 0,0000001%

Funny enough I have managed to get 2 items on 2 different sale threads that were not marked as sold and were stagnant for almost a year and the seller just didnt bump.
i often take a look at much older sale threads and send a pm to the sellers to check if they sold or not. If they sold to bad but at least it gets the thread out the way and reminds the seller to get the mods to lock them.
Time to get back to when I enjoyed listening......no more upgrading, more of a headache than a pleasure

Offline Tzs503gp

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • HiFi- trust your ears- eyes lie
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 06:48:31 PM »
Cmon guys
Simple for a seller to just post “Sold” or “mods please lock” if the sale is abandoned. Think of it as cleaning up after yourself.

Offline Katji

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 12:10:44 AM »
 :D  It's that simple.

...  :P I must say, I've sometimes wondered why the need to lock the thread.  But there you go, the seller could just say "*SOLD*" - they could even emphasize it with bold.

... With all due respect.... a "matter of urgency?"   Aren't you over-playing your role just a little bit?   It's kinda like that guy who played Lex Luthor in Batman vs Superman.     :)
  :D ;D LOL

Offline moloels

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 02:39:34 AM »
I never had problems. Whenever I asked for my posts to locked they were all locked.
Pretoria

Offline Morne Coetzee

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • POWER | PRECISION | PURITY
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 03:39:11 AM »
This used 2 be the mods' responsibility but now it's the sellers' responsibility.   With all due respect.... a "matter of urgency?"   Aren't you over-playing your role just a little bit?   It's kinda like that guy who played Lex Luthor in Batman vs Superman.     :)

Sounds like my ex-boss, I would elaborate but I need to go and resolve something as a matter of utmost urgency ........ I now work for myself  :giggle:
There is Always justification for more Amplification!

Offline Spurge

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 08:15:37 PM »
This issue is a far bigger problem on www.avsa.co.za. Nothing on there is ever marked as "sold"

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 08:20:08 PM »
Its quite handy, seeing a locked sale item highlighted differently
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline BJ

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 08:50:22 PM »
Sounds like my ex-boss, I would elaborate but I need to go and resolve something as a matter of utmost urgency ........ I now work for myself  :giggle:

But SHE still is the Boss right??
Shunyata - See No Evil; Hear No Evil

Offline Tobes

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Music on....world off
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 09:09:38 PM »
This issue is a far bigger problem on www.avsa.co.za. Nothing on there is ever marked as "sold"

You cannot edit your ad which is stupid actually. You can't adjust the price nor mark it as sold. This what they say when you want to place an ad:

"Ads submitted and approved automatically expire after two weeks"

Yeah right, mine has been running for two months now and not expired and I cannot mark them sold (which happened more than a month ago) :whistler:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:11:50 PM by Tobes »
Music is all around us, all you have to do is listen....