Chrome stored passwords query

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisc

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
In Chrome for Windows, you can view a list of websites where Chrome has saved the login and password by clicking on the 3 vertical dots at top right, then Settings, Advanced, Manage Passwords under Passwords and forms, and can also view the associated password by clicking on the symbol to the right

This is fine and dandy, but....

There are 4 websites I frequent a lot where I am automatically logged in which do not appear in this list.  One is Tidal, two are UK newspapers and another is a bank

The question I am trying to have answered is - where are these particular 4 logins stored?  It must be somewhere on this computer since if I log in using a different computer, I am prompted for an email address and password.  Likewise, if I log in to any of these sites using a different browser like Opera or Firefox, I am prompted for a login and password.  This tells me it is stored by Chrome

I submitted this question to the Google Chrome Help Forum, but all I am told is that the passwords can be seen as described above. Is there perhaps a way to view these "hidden" passwords?

Thanks

Latest posts