Author Topic: Thai cave rescue  (Read 559 times)

Offline BJ

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+9)
Re: Thai cave rescue
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 10:26:09 PM »
Sadly.....this didn't happen without any human loss....

RIP.....Brave Diver, sacrifice himself for others😢😢😢

Been a diver myself....one is but to aware of the dangers every time you submerge

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1265376170271783&id=100003982362133

Shunyata - See No Evil; Hear No Evil

Offline kenvanraas

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 10:36:09 PM »
 :dop:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:48:01 PM by kenvanraas »

Offline kenvanraas

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 10:47:02 PM »

Offline ALF

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2018, 09:26:04 AM »
I have been rescued a few time in my life by mountain rescue services and assisting them also, one thing that stuck to me is that in standard rescue procedure rule nr 1 never put your own live at risk to rescue anybody so HATS of to this rescue team because it take some serious balls to dive in caves like this..
Then on the movie side I think the Rocks head is way to BIG to fit in a cave and secondly we all know how this movie is going to end not something too look out for  :popcorn:

"the fostex thang".....

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 11:30:35 AM »
I think BBC and/or National Geographic could be trusted to do a good job

Offline Ampdog

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 02:23:16 PM »
I was overjoyed to read that last night round about 19:00 our time, the last boys were rescued. Worst 'health problem' so far: They lost some 2 Kg each! Obviously isolated for now, medical observation will be needed to make sure all is well. But I cannot imagine what it must have been to spend an odd two weeks in darkness and very quickly with no indication of time (although there must have been some wristwatches though no light).

And not to be forgotten: The one diver who lost his life. It was not in vain.  I stand in quiet salute.

This is deemed the largest - perhaps one should say greatest - rescue operations of our time. One diver said the circunmstances were quite daunting. The leader simply said afterwards that the world is not such a bad place after all.  For a moment, we were all quiet and humble ....

The scope of this operation will only become clear once the statistics are out. The Creator will be pleased with what folks were prepared to do - and will do yet again every time when required of them. I am looking forward to reading an account - perhaps a book - of all that has happened.  A movie ..... knowing Hollywood - not that much.
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)

Offline Ampdog

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2018, 02:33:10 PM »
I think BBC and/or National Geographic could be trusted to do a good job

I can echo that; hope that would take place.
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 05:36:15 PM »

Offline 2wice

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2018, 06:22:15 PM »
I don't mind who makes the movie, as long as the kids don't get screwed out of their story rights.

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2018, 06:50:02 PM »
All out now,  confirmed by Thai Navy twitter feed

That was great news, then Man Utd ruined it by inviting them to visit.  At least invite them to a few matches where there may be goals scored..... :EGrin:
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline juventino

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2018, 09:54:19 PM »
That was great news, then Man Utd ruined it by inviting them to visit.  At least invite them to a few matches where there may be goals scored..... :EGrin:

They will have to wait till Mourinho leaves for that to happen
Time to get back to when I enjoyed listening......no more upgrading, more of a headache than a pleasure

Online naughty

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2018, 10:27:39 PM »

oh no dont make a mistake because there will generally be plenty of goals ..... against United not by United  :walled: