Author Topic: Remarkable Movie Scenes  (Read 544 times)

Offline PaganMcLoud

Remarkable Movie Scenes
« on: July 04, 2018, 12:16:12 AM »
1 of my favorite most memorable movie scenes is from Django Unchained.  The KKK posse are preparing to ambush Django and his German hitman friend.  They place hoods over their heads and discover they can barely SEE through the holes cut into their hoods.

Found this transcript online: 

KKK leader: Damn, I can’t see flippin’ **** out of this thing.

KKK man in group: Are we ready or what?

KKK leader: Ah, hold on. I’m flippin’ with my eyeholes. ****, just makin’ it worse (yanks off hood).

KKK fat man: Who made this goddamn ****?

KKK man: Willard’s wife.

Willard: Well, make your own goddamn mask!

KKK leader: Look, nobody’s saying they don’t appreciate what Jenny did.

KKK man: Well, if all I had to do was cut a hole in a bag, I could’ve cut it better than this.

KKK man: What about you, Robert? Can you see?

Robert: Not too good. I mean, if i don’t move my head, I can see you pretty good, more or less, but when I start ridin’, the bags movin’ all over and I’m not lying.

KKK fat man: ****, I just made mine worse. Anybody bring any extra bags?

Willard: No, nobody brought an extra bag!

KKK fat man: I’m just asking!

KKK old man: Do we have to wear ‘em when we ride?

KKK leader: Well, shitfire! If you don’t wear ‘em as you ride up, that just defeats the purpose!

KKK man: But I can’t see. I can’t breathe in this flippin’ thing. And I can’t ride in this flippin’ thing.

Willard: Well, flip y’all. I’m going home! You know, I watched my wife work all day getting thirty bags together for you ungrateful sons of bitches and all I can hear is criticize, criticize, criticize! From now on, don’t ask me or mine for nothin’! (Willard leaves.)

KKK leader: Now, look let’s not forget why we’re here. We gotta kill a nigga over that hill there. We gotta make a lesson out of him.

KKK fat man: Ok, I’m confused. Are the bags on or off?

KKK man: I think, we all think the bags was a nice idea, but not pointin’ any fingers (pause), they could’ve been done better, so how about no bags this time, but next time, we do the bags right? And then we go full regalia!

KKK leader: Wait a minute, I didn’t say no bags.

KKK fat man: But nobody can see.

KKK leader: So?

KKK fat man: So, it’d be nice to see.

KKK leader: Goddamn it, This is a raid. I can’t see. You can’t see. So what? All that matters is can the flippin’ horse see?! That’s a raid!

*Please share your own favorite movie scene here, whether it be comedic, edge-of-your-seat suspense, or just basically a favorite for whatever your reason.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:24:09 AM by PaganMcLoud »
From the Dalai Lama:  Cables in allegory, are the "umbilical cord" or thread between life and afterlife. The quality of such life depends on the "source" of the energy, and not on the stitch or the thread...

Offline El Sid

Re: Remarkable Movie Scenes
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 09:25:37 PM »
From Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

A self-perpetuating autocracy
King Arthur: Old woman!
Dennis: Man.
King Arthur: Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
Dennis: I'm 37.
King Arthur: What?
Dennis: I'm 37. I'm not old.
King Arthur: Well I can't just call you "man".
Dennis: Well you could say "Dennis".
King Arthur: I didn't know you were called Dennis.
Dennis: Well you didn't bother to find out, did you?
King Arthur: I did say sorry about the "old woman", but from behind you looked...
Dennis: What I object to is you automatically treat me like an inferior.
King Arthur: Well, I am king.
Dennis: Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever gonna be any progress...
Peasant Woman: Dennis! There's some lovely filth down here... Oh! How do you do?
[Dennis joins the Peasant Woman in the nearby filth patch]
King Arthur: How do you do, good lady? I am Arthur, king of the Britons. Whose castle is that?
Peasant Woman: King of the who?
King Arthur: The Britons.
Peasant Woman: Who're the "Britons"?
King Arthur: Well, we all are. We're all Britons, and I am your king.
Peasant Woman: Didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
Dennis: You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship! A self-perpetuating autocracy, in which the working classes...
Peasant Woman: Oh, there you go, bringing class into it again.
Dennis: Well, that's what it's all about! If only people would--
King Arthur: Please, please, good people, I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?
Peasant Woman: No one lives there.
King Arthur: Then who is your lord?
Peasant Woman: We don't have a lord.
King Arthur: What?
Dennis: I told you, we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as sort of executive officer for the week...
King Arthur: Yes...
Dennis: ...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...
King Arthur: Yes I see...
Dennis: ...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs...
King Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis: ...but by a two thirds majority in the case of more...
King Arthur: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
Peasant Woman: "Order", eh? Who does he think he is?
King Arthur: I am your king.
Peasant Woman: Well, I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Peasant Woman: Well, how'd you become king, then?
[Angelic music plays...]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.
Dennis: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
Arthur: Shut up!
Dennis: I mean, if I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
Arthur: [grabs Dennis] Shut up! Will you shut up?!
Dennis: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system!
Arthur: [shakes Dennis] Shut up!
Dennis: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!
Arthur: Bloody Peasant!
Dennis: Ooh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?

Online fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 12:41:22 AM »
The Professional (aka Leon)
Gary Oldman and Danny Aiello, "I'm dying to meet him" scene.

https://youtu.be/MW5XZ7J9TD0
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 07:03:16 PM »
Monty Python’s Life of Brian:

The whole film

But for a single scene I’d probably have to go with the ‘He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy’ part.  The scene with various ‘Messiahs’ preaching is actually an exaggeration of historical fact.  There were more than a few at the time!
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Drifter

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • otherside of the Boerewors Gordyn ...
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 07:08:29 PM »
"The Box" final scene from Se7en

It will take something very special to remove this from the Nr1 place on my list of favourite movie scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1giVzxyoclE

Offline PaganMcLoud

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 07:11:52 PM »
"The Box" final scene from Se7en

It will take something very special to remove this from the Nr1 place on my list of favourite movie scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1giVzxyoclE
This was 1 of my favorite scenes also.  Belongs to Brad Pitt imo.  Totally shows the guy can "act" 
From the Dalai Lama:  Cables in allegory, are the "umbilical cord" or thread between life and afterlife. The quality of such life depends on the "source" of the energy, and not on the stitch or the thread...

Offline Drifter

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 07:18:12 PM »
"The Wormhole" scene from The Event Horison

Nr2 on my list of favourite movie scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtyySlBW6kk

Offline vleisman

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 07:20:28 PM »
There's a YouTube channel by Cinefix and they do all sorts of lists like these.

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 07:33:21 PM »
‘Luke, I am your father’

Quite a good one at the time.

The introduction to the lament puzzle box in Hellraiser (Frank going to Hell in pieces) was pretty shocking

Spider walk down the stairs followed by flash of demonic face on the slamming door and the possessed girl waking from her trance and loosing bladder control in the uncensored version of ‘The Exorcist’ still scares the kak out of me and is scary as anything (also puts context in for later in the film)

The lift scene in ‘Exorcist 3’ terrifying

Almost forgot:

‘Why don’t you come and play with us? Danny’ pure unnatural terror
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 07:35:50 PM by JonnyP »
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Drifter

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 07:38:15 PM »
"Stealing fat" scene from Fight Club

Nr3 on my list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spDiEh9P6P8

Offline Larry

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 08:01:41 PM »
"Stealing fat" scene from Fight Club

Nr3 on my list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spDiEh9P6P8

Oh hell yeah, forgot about that!  :BWAHAHAH:

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 09:44:47 PM »
A bit dated today, but the first sight of the "virtual" dinosaurs in Jurassic Park was mind-boggling for me.  Michael Crighton's book was such an original idea, when Steven Spielberg decided to make a movie back in 1993, I could not wait for its arrival
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline Tricky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Junior Member
  • Compulsive fixer of things
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 06:46:00 PM »
The Godfather, the Baptism of Fire scene.

Having just watched Sicario again, the crossing the border scene, the confrontation with the top drug lord at the dinner table and the very last scene where they force her to sign off the whole thing were great. Actually I love that whole movie  ^-^

Offline PaganMcLoud

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 07:25:02 PM »

Having just watched Sicario again, the crossing the border scene, the confrontation with the top drug lord at the dinner table and the very last scene where they force her to sign off the whole thing were great. Actually I love that whole movie  ^-^
Im a Godfather freak!  Musta watched 1 & 2 at least 30 times already.  Part 3?  Maybe twice.
Funny thing is... i honestly hav NO IDEA what scenes u're referring to here.  Baptism of Fire?  Druglord at dinner table?  Forcing her to sign off?  Are we talking about the same Godfather trilogy here?    :giggle:

1 of my personal favorite scenes is from part 3 (which i hated btw.)  But its where this guy plays the guitar and sings the "godfather theme."  Love that scene.  Part 3 was crap tho.  Story was crap.  It had some horrible acting also.  Still... had 1 of my favorite scenes.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:29:27 PM by PaganMcLoud »

Offline Tricky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Junior Member
  • Compulsive fixer of things
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2018, 07:02:46 AM »
Im a Godfather freak!  Musta watched 1 & 2 at least 30 times already.  Part 3?  Maybe twice.
Funny thing is... i honestly hav NO IDEA what scenes u're referring to here.  Baptism of Fire?  Druglord at dinner table?  Forcing her to sign off?  Are we talking about the same Godfather trilogy here?    :giggle:

1 of my personal favorite scenes is from part 3 (which i hated btw.)  But its where this guy plays the guitar and sings the "godfather theme."  Love that scene.  Part 3 was crap tho.  Story was crap.  It had some horrible acting also.  Still... had 1 of my favorite scenes.

Baptism of Fire (at least that's what I thought the scenes name was) is where Michael stand's Godfather at Connie's son's baptism while the heads of the other families get offed.

The other three scenes I mentioned are from Sicario, not The Godfather  ;) (Granted, I could have been clearer)