Author Topic: Peter Gabriel cd 'UP'  (Read 455 times)

Offline Pholo

Peter Gabriel cd 'UP'
« on: June 30, 2018, 03:45:25 PM »
LF: Peter Gabriel cd'UP' . Cd has track 'Don't give up' featuring Kate Bush. I'll be glad if anyone can assist me to get hold of this cd as I can't get it at Musica stores

Offline msch997

Re: Peter Gabriel cd 'UP'
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 05:04:42 PM »
LF: Peter Gabriel cd'UP' . Cd has track 'Don't give up' featuring Kate Bush. I'll be glad if anyone can assist me to get hold of this cd as I can't get it at Musica stores

That track is on the album called "So" not on "Up"  also on his two best of compilations, "shaking the tree" and "Hit".

Order on TakeALot if the record shops dont have it

Offline crasher

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 07:39:11 PM »
https://www.loot.co.za/product/peter-gabriel-peter-gabriel-play/nfpb-3264-g550

This is also very good has the video of the track you want with Kate and you will be impressed with the sound of this was quite cutting edge when he released it

Offline wanda

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 08:58:34 PM »
Just get the "Secret World" live double cd
the person who has a problem has the solution

Offline hope

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 02:52:49 PM »
Just get the "Secret World" live double cd
+1

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Music lover and involved in industry
    • Airmusic
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »
I am a big big fan of Peter Gabriel and have a number of versions of "Don't Give Up". I hate to make a choice as to the best version.

The original version with Kate Bush was my first love. Then came the version with Paula Cole during the Secret World Tour which grew on me and eventually I fell in love with. Lastly but not least was the version with Jenny Abrahamson during the Back to Front Tour, which I was able to attend. I flew to Dublin in Dec 2014just to have the opportunity to hear him perform. What a night and what an experience. I bought the CD and the recording is crappy but oh boy it takes me back to the evening in Dublin O2/3Arena venue.

Send me a pm and I will try and sort you out. Maybe in terms of production values, the remastered version on the SO album is the best from a pure SQ perspective.

Cheers
Stefan

Offline hope

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 06:11:10 PM »
How could Musica NOT keep one copy of an iconic album like PG So on the shelf?
They probably have at least 3 copies of a crap album like PF Dark side of the moon though  >:D