this is eventually going to be a terrific setup

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1447

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
righto - some of you might be aware that ive had my buddies stuff over at my place to run in while his home was being renovated - now this renovation is far from over but its reached a stage where he has collected his stuff back and is in the process of installing it. As it stands right now he is around 1/10th complete ie its all still very incomplete - and he will be adding loads of stuff to the setup but here are a few sneak cellphone pics of the setup

we will take some better pics when the setup is completed (with his camera i might add which is a Nikon D3 ..... and he has many many lenses for it too) - but for now heres some pics taken with my N97

as a start - his renovation began with the building reconstructions - part of that reconstruction was to make the floor and ceiling of his theatre room consist of really thick concrete slabs - then the false ceiling was built out of aluminum frame and then sound absorbing tiles were added into place - so pic taken while the guys were at work doing this

room.jpg

any home theatre has to have a projector and  screen - so heres the screen he is using - its a 2.6 metre (102") Grandview HD motorized

screen.jpg

for television viewing he will be adding another rack and TV under that screen and slightly behind it - the TV in Question is the Samsung series 9 LED 3D flagship (ive seen it in Dion wired selling at R85k) - the TV has been delivered but he is awaiting the rack for it so he hasnt unpacked it yet but to give you an idea of what it looks like heres the 46" version of it that he is going to use in his bedroom .... only this is the series 8 version

bedroomTV.jpg

so now we move on to the projector he will be using - he has an Optoma HD8200 which is a DLP projector and is Optoma's high end DLP projector - though there might be newer models now which are probably improved - doesnt stop this one from being awesome though (also note if you ever wanted to see a kettle plug power cable thats costs a bit more than R3k for a 1 metre version - have a squizz at this one - its not visible once the absorber tile is in place)

projector.jpg

we have removed that plastic wrapping and we have tried out some blu-rays on the screen - for now trust me when i say that even though the setup isnt anywhere close to being calibrated it still gives a terrific picture