Prime Circle - Jekyll & Hyde: copy protected or damaged?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now Playing

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I bought Prime Circle's Jekyll & Hyde Limited Edition  from Look & Listen a few days ago along with a few other CD's.  From the getgo, things haven't seemed quite right.  When I loaded it into my car's shuttle along with the other CD's the Cd didn't register for some time.  It eventually did and I was able to play it whilst on the road.

Last night I ripped all the CDs I'd purchased to FLAC so I could listen to them via my Transporter.  With the exception of Jekyll & Hyde Limited Edition everything ripped securely without any issues.  A number of tracks on Jekyll & Hyde (not necessarily consecutive) failed.  I subsequently tried burst mode ripping and listened to the results - skips and jumps  :mad:

I've not yet tried a different DVD drive nor have I tried EAC, but before I go down this path I was wondering whether anyone has had any similar experiences with this disc.  If it is indeed EMI being bloody stupid I'll be returning the CD for a refund as it's then not compliant with the Redbook standard and it'll be the last time I support Prime Circle.  If on the other hand it's just a faulty CD, I'll gladly go ask for a swap.

Any similar experiences with this album?

Latest posts