Author Topic: Nuprime uDSD unsigned driver - Windows 10  (Read 417 times)

Online Scubadude

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Depressed? Cans on, volume up, ignore the world!
Nuprime uDSD unsigned driver - Windows 10
« on: June 21, 2018, 06:53:14 PM »
Hi all,

I have a new problem with my uDSD under Windows 10. The driver installs fine but it does not recognise the DAC when plugged in. In device manager it shows a Nuprime USB device with a warning that it has been installed with an unsigned driver. Going through the laborious advanced boot options process allows the machine to start and install unsigned drivers. However it is not a permanent fix and having to go through 20 minutes of driver installation is hardly a good way to start a listening session. Has anyone had this before? Is there a permanent fix?

Thanks!
"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

Offline Dubya Jay Dee

Re: Nuprime uDSD unsigned driver - Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 07:57:52 PM »
Had the same problem and eventually dicovered the solution-

Disable Secureboot in UEFI.

Reinstall the driver.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:02:47 PM by Dubya Jay Dee »

Online Scubadude

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Depressed? Cans on, volume up, ignore the world!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 08:20:23 PM »
Like a charm! Thank you sir!
"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

Offline Dubya Jay Dee

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 09:06:03 PM »
 :thumbs:

A bit irritating that Nuprime doesn't fix their driver.

They blame Microsoft..  :whistler:

Offline Wietsche

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 12:11:20 AM »
Man this is an interesting issue...

One of the few DACs I never had an issue with and still use. Will make a note of this, just in case I get it one day, as I would have never guessed the solution.

Thanks!

Cheers,
W

Offline Prince

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 09:25:21 AM »
:thumbs:

A bit irritating that Nuprime doesn't fix their driver.

They blame Microsoft..  :whistler:

-I'd say the exact opposite. Microsoft is trying to update and control hardware drivers, but not succeeding, creating chaos with devices. I have experienced this way to many times lately with Windows 10.

-just my humble opinion.  :2c:

"F5 Amp Power + Pedal Power = F5 Pedal Power"

Offline Dubya Jay Dee

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 10:23:15 AM »
-I'd say the exact opposite. Microsoft is trying to update and control hardware drivers, but not succeeding, creating chaos with devices. I have experienced this way to many times lately with Windows 10.

I agree actually, there is something screwy with Microsoft's side of this problem as they are trying to implement full USB2 plug-and-play compliance like Apple and Linux have had for years, obviating the need for installing drivers.

But in the meantime Nuprime should be submitting their drivers to Microsoft for certification as "signed driver" so that Microsoft's new extra layer of "secure" booting can function as it should. (Unsigned drivers are not loaded at startup with "Secureboot" enabled.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:32:27 AM by Dubya Jay Dee »

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 01:37:43 PM »

Its not that different with the Mac OS.  About two years ago, the change to Sierra messed up a lot of audio drivers and it took months to sort out

On the other hand, I have just built a music server for the Hi-Fi Club using Kodibuntu.  Everything I have connected to it via USB worked first time
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline Prince

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 11:23:39 AM »
Its not that different with the Mac OS.  About two years ago, the change to Sierra messed up a lot of audio drivers and it took months to sort out

On the other hand, I have just built a music server for the Hi-Fi Club using Kodibuntu.  Everything I have connected to it via USB worked first time

Thanx for that info Chris. Very good to know, because I'm considering a music server build. I have tested Volumio and was actually quite good, except for the folder scanning. I did find something called beets.io, which looks extremely good for a free program - http://beets.io

:cool:
"F5 Amp Power + Pedal Power = F5 Pedal Power"