A sneak peak listen to the new Bentley Acoustics series in development.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micron

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thursday evening I received a text from GECO saying that I should come over to listen to the new speakers that he is developing.

I was able to hear two models from the 100 series at Audio Exchange. The FR100 and the FR110 or FR120 (I forget which floor stander it was). That day I preferred the FR100. We were listening to CD?s and used one of the Ming Da amplifiers. Unfortunately I did not take note of which CD player or which one of the Ming Da amplifiers. By way of having better high frequency detail, for me, the FR100 outplayed a pair ELAC stand mounts that are in the same price range. I was able to enjoy the FR100 even after having just listened to a pair of high performance Zingali ZERO bookshelf speakers.

If you?re looking to buy a new pair of speakers in the R4000 range include the FR100 in the list of speakers to demo.
fr100.jpg

The new series, I understand being called the 200 series, however is another step up.

This is what I walked in to see Friday morning in GECO's listening space.
WkXRpoP.jpg

These speakers are still in the development phase so these are unfinished demo cabinets.

Listening impressions to follow.

Latest posts