A sneak peak listen to the new Bentley Acoustics series in development.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micron

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thursday evening I received a text from GECO saying that I should come over to listen to the new speakers that he is developing.

I was able to hear two models from the 100 series at Audio Exchange. The FR100 and the FR110 or FR120 (I forget which floor stander it was). That day I preferred the FR100. We were listening to CD?s and used one of the Ming Da amplifiers. Unfortunately I did not take note of which CD player or which one of the Ming Da amplifiers. By way of having better high frequency detail, for me, the FR100 outplayed a pair ELAC stand mounts that are in the same price range. I was able to enjoy the FR100 even after having just listened to a pair of high performance Zingali ZERO bookshelf speakers.

If you?re looking to buy a new pair of speakers in the R4000 range include the FR100 in the list of speakers to demo.
fr100.jpg

The new series, I understand being called the 200 series, however is another step up.

This is what I walked in to see Friday morning in GECO's listening space.
WkXRpoP.jpg

These speakers are still in the development phase so these are unfinished demo cabinets.

Listening impressions to follow.