Author Topic: Exposure to real hi-fi in the neighbouring countries  (Read 307 times)

Offline Pholo

Exposure to real hi-fi in the neighbouring countries
« on: June 18, 2018, 10:19:28 PM »
Hi All. I'd like to know from folks who travel a lot to rest of the SACD region about the general knowledge of true hi-fi among people there. Or is the question of steps ahead and leaving them behind
Surely for aspiring dealers there might be opportunities out there to explore.
I have a pal that has done in roads in Botswana and is doing well in setting up high end systems to guys in that country.

Offline TimbaLand

Re: Exposure to real hi-fi in the neighbouring countries
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 10:24:43 PM »
There must be but like anything  else hifi sits high up in the Maslowís hierarchy of needs. Though the interest may be there thereís few people with the buying power to make it a viable market. You may sell some ultra high end stuff to some corrupt politicians and businessmen but itís a niche market. Look at SA and itís stronger economy vs. the rest of Africa and how the hifi market is declinnng. Most people here with high end gear bought a few years ago canít afgord to buy same stuff today
Marantz AV8801|Rotel RC1570, RMB1585 and RMB1565| B&W 804 Diamond, HTM2 Diamond, DB1 and 685|Harman Kardon BDT30|Optoma HD25E projector| Audioquest CV4 speaker cables and Mogami XLR| HP Microserver

Offline Pholo

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 10:35:23 PM »
I fully agree with you Timbaland. I know of wealthy individuals locally but the sort of systems they buy is just crab. Surely lots has to be done to enlighten the masses.
But unfortunately for now 'fong Kong's will prevail

Offline adie

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 11:48:40 PM »
I've met several folk from Moz/ Nigeria/Zambia at The Listening Room.
They were buying gear I can only dream of affording.
hardly a reflection of the masses, I know...

Offline TimbaLand

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 12:12:27 AM »
I've met several folk from Moz/ Nigeria/Zambia at The Listening Room.
They were buying gear I can only dream of affording.
hardly a reflection of the masses, I know...

Those are the ones that will buy but they are not enough in numbers to support a market in that country
Marantz AV8801|Rotel RC1570, RMB1585 and RMB1565| B&W 804 Diamond, HTM2 Diamond, DB1 and 685|Harman Kardon BDT30|Optoma HD25E projector| Audioquest CV4 speaker cables and Mogami XLR| HP Microserver