Author Topic: Wristwatch,any love?  (Read 4760 times)

Offline kenvanraas

Wristwatch,any love?
« on: June 16, 2018, 09:11:44 PM »
I love watches of all kind  :clap:...
Is it appropriate to start a sticky about watches?What you're wearing right now?And aspire to own and to discuss it in open talk?
(There's nowhere else on SA sites to do this)
First up is a Lanco.My birth year watch,Aug 1973,the last one left after Omega took over the Langendorf company.(i believe Omega movement?)

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
Re: Wristwatch,any love?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 09:38:36 PM »
I had a Lanco watch as a kid, very similar to the above. Have no idea what happened to it, was thinking about it just a few days ago.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Jedi

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 07:44:16 AM »
Hi there.
That's a good timepiece you have there. I also have a 1953 Lanco 17 Jewels Incabloc, with original stainless stretch band . Inherited from Grand dad. Will post pics when I get time ⌚.
Kindest Jedi.

Online Juggy

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 11:03:06 AM »
I'm wearing a Citizen ProMaster dive watch

My next purchase will be the Tag Heuer connected

I have various other watches that I have collected over the years.

Offline Jazzy

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 02:39:43 PM »

Been wearing this since 2001, corporate gift.
I have 1 other watch which I suppose also qualifies as a corporate gift, the Porsche Panamera launch watch from about 8yrs ago.
I don't aspire to spend any money on a watch, but I like them when I see people wearing them. It's just the price that scares me away
The Vinyl Frontier!

Offline Moolz

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 04:43:49 PM »
I have a thing for vintage watches! My dad is an old school watchmaker that still has his shop in Benoni. I always source vintage watches and have him repair them. My count is around 50 odd time pieces with around 15 of them being Omega.

Online JohnnyIC

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 06:42:10 PM »
To me this is the most beautiful wrist watch ever, not the fanciest or even expensive but just look at it:

Offline FranZAR

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 09:59:23 AM »

Sent from my Galaxy S9 using Tapatalk

Exclame 150|Whisper|Croak SL1200|Vivere|Sonor Claro

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 07:21:39 PM »
I love the Zepellin, Junkers and Seiko 5 series myself.  Currently wearing my latest Zep auto (not bad time keeping), I also have a Sturmanski Gagarin basic quartz which I rate as the most beautiful I own, a Vostok Europe, a few Skagens and some cheesy original digital casios.  Seiko 5s are probably my favourite ‘replicas’
The Philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways.  The point, however, is to change it.

Offline kenvanraas

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 05:20:29 PM »
^^^ That Omega is on my top 5 list.Another one (that might come my way December if i align my planet right  :dance:) is a Damasko DA34 black.
Seiko 5's are great and there are 100's to choose from.I had my eye on a Seiko Presage,but picked up this Orient power reserve instead.
On the day it was priced right and it has everything i need for a (mmm another) daily beater,eg. 42mm,sapphire,100m with screw down crown,
and raised indexes.Accurate to +5sec/day.(see my ocd limits me to 3,max 4 hand watches)

BTW,Ive noticed that all my russian movements runs fast.New and old.Most are mass produced,therefore no regulation here.
But,All run fast,not some slow,some fast.Odd that.
By all means not an expert,but If its way faster than factory spec,it usually needs a service eg. dirt/oil in hairspring causing
the coils to stick together,thus shortening its length.
(Tissot Le locl is a classic dresser :2thumbs:)

Offline Drifter

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • otherside of the Boerewors Gordyn ...
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »

This is my 1968 Seiko 6217. Seiko's very first diver watch. The watch was an engagement gift from my mom to my dad in 1968. In 1982 when I was in Sub B (grade 2 these days), I had to take a watch to school as we were learning how to tell time. My dad lent me the watch and it stayed on my wrist every single day until about 5 years ago. Considering what it went through in Primary school, High school and University, it is an fantastic condition. These models are pretty rare these days. A truly magnificent piece if watch engineering.

More here: http://watchopenia.blogspot.com/2014/02/seiko-diver-6217-8001-for-first-time.html

I have a love for automatic watches and I also imported a few other Seiko's. Including the Seiko Blue Samurai (titanium) a Black Monster and Orange Monster. Also imported a Debaufre flieger from Germany and a Hamilton Air-Race GMT from the USA and a number of other mechanical watches. I lost interest somewhere and sold most of them.

This is my daily beater

Aquaracer Calibre 16 500m. It's built like a proverbial brick outhouse, 43mm in diameter and it weighs 2.1 pounds, so just short of 1 kg. Timekeeping is exemplary.

Offline creyneke

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 06:37:04 PM »
this is mine. Preferred my Sea Dweller that got stolen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kenvanraas

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 06:46:59 PM »
^^^ Beautiful,GMT  :Whoohoo:
That Seiko is worth its weight in gold,also the chesterfield (cognac?)wingback chair  :dance:

Online Juggy

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2018, 08:37:23 PM »

I've never been an Omega fan but that is truly beautiful

Do you have thin wrists or is that a very large crown?

What model?

Offline FranZAR

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 09:08:09 PM »
I've never been an Omega fan but that is truly beautiful

Do you have thin wrists or is that a very large crown?

What model?
Not big. Think 41mm. Is the Seamaster Professional Coaxial 300m. Much lighter than my Seiko Velatura.

Exclame 150|Whisper|Croak SL1200|Vivere|Sonor Claro