Author Topic: 4k Projector setup complete.  (Read 2678 times)

Offline BiZKiT

Re: 4k Projector setup complete.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 09:15:56 AM »
:dop: that answers everything, thank you.
Just making sure as they have all these optimal measurements etc etc but I know that I have felt that way when going to the cinema and sitting anywhere in the front 3 rows.

Nah as you see the pic that is where is sit, no need to move my head. As for eye strain the projector is set low, cinema mode with bulb on eco.

Offline tmavf

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 12:12:52 PM »
Are you also going to supply video equipment along with the audio?

I find the A/C at the top of the screen distracting.  Serious question, have you considered spraying it black?

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 04:59:38 PM »
Are you also going to supply video equipment along with the audio?

I find the A/C at the top of the screen distracting.  Serious question, have you considered spraying it black?

Yes i do full home cinema designs and install. As for the AC i have actually, its not bugged me but i have noticed it also.

Offline SAman

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2018, 08:34:23 AM »
Also seems to attract my attention but I suspect that's more the case of the pic making the aircon stand out rather than if you're actually sitting in the room?

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 04:28:28 AM »
Also seems to attract my attention but I suspect that's more the case of the pic making the aircon stand out rather than if you're actually sitting in the room?

exactly

Offline Simango4

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 08:07:10 PM »

ok so did a few upgrades and here are the pics.

Just for comparison with 1080p entry level Optoma HD200X...

It's worth noting that these posts also reflects the cameras used.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Music is What Feelings Sound Like...
You Don't Stop Gaming Because you Grow Old, You Grow Old Because you Stop Gaming...

Offline Simango4

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 08:44:55 PM »

Just for comparison with 1080p entry level Optoma HD200X...

It's worth noting that these posts also reflects the cameras used.

In the HD200X's case, the white on the sky is not as white as captured by this pic, and the blacks are not as black too.

In comparison, colour saturation looks way better on the 4k BenQ i.e. the walls on the right looks more saturated except the blue colour in comparison with HD200X, made me notice that maybe the HD200X blue gain or bias is higher than it should.

Details are also miles better on the BenQ.

The building on the left with a white wall and a black roof seems like the white is rendered better on the HD200X, although i don't have a good reference to say which white is more true to the actual colour.

The sky's details seems better on the HD200X...BenQ's sky is more washed out in comparison.

Anyway...just messing around, I just wanted to have an idea of how good/bad is my HD200X...I wish i could crank a video game in Ultra Video settings on that 4k projector...nice one BiZKiT.

You Don't Stop Gaming Because you Grow Old, You Grow Old Because you Stop Gaming...

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 04:28:55 AM »
You are welcome to have a demo anytime. For the money i think the Benq can not be beat by anything. My setting are also so low, basically its out the box with contrast up by 1, in cinema mode, light set to eco or smart eco for some movies, HDR on 0. Did not change any colour setting. Also noticed for normal blu-rays i put HDR off as it makes a mess of the colours if there is no dedicated HDR present. Pic is on my iphone so will try take a pic with my Canon to give a better image.

Had a Optoma HD26 before this and in normal HD its much of a muchness but its in 4K where the Benq shines miles above.

Offline Simango4

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 02:04:51 PM »
You are welcome to have a demo anytime. For the money i think the Benq can not be beat by anything. My setting are also so low, basically its out the box with contrast up by 1, in cinema mode, light set to eco or smart eco for some movies, HDR on 0. Did not change any colour setting. Also noticed for normal blu-rays i put HDR off as it makes a mess of the colours if there is no dedicated HDR present. Pic is on my iphone so will try take a pic with my Canon to give a better image.

Had a Optoma HD26 before this and in normal HD its much of a muchness but its in 4K where the Benq shines miles above.

Thanks BiZKiT  :2thumbs:, I'll make an arrangement with you for a demo one of these coming Saturdays  :dop:

I'm hooked on projectors due to their better value in terms of "Rands per Inch"...I figured I'd be better off spending the money for a 55" 4k HDR TV on a 4k HDR projector to upgrade my 108" gaming and movie experience.

Hopefully RS4 would be having one of these new BenQ's as trade-ins soon, I'll also keep an eye on 2018 Black Friday...I'm not very good in buying brand new AV items these days.

Offline beginner2

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 03:12:34 PM »
Those pictures, while good, do not do it justice. Saw Morne last week and will be getting him to do a build like that for me....that projector image is amazing!

Online RS4

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 09:52:44 PM »
Thanks BiZKiT  :2thumbs:,

Hopefully RS4 would be having one of these new BenQ's as trade-ins soon, I'll also keep an eye on 2018 Black Friday...I'm not very good in buying brand new AV items these days.

I doubt it.

Iíve only had 2 BenQ projectors in 9 years as pre-owned.
In good time Iíll have lots of pre-owned 4K Optomaís.
Optoma
Cyrus, Dynaudio, Anthem, JL Audio!

:oppo: ?

Offline Simango4

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2018, 10:10:17 PM »
I doubt it.

Iíve only had 2 BenQ projectors in 9 years as pre-owned.
In good time Iíll have lots of pre-owned 4K Optomaís.

:sd: ...that raises an interesting question about Optoma though...why is Optoma this liquid in the pre-owned market?

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2018, 06:06:30 AM »
:sd: ...that raises an interesting question about Optoma though...why is Optoma this liquid in the pre-owned market?

The more popular choice. Also buying from Josh comes with complete peace of mind i have got plenty from him for my installs.

Offline Simango4

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2018, 07:49:14 AM »
The more popular choice. Also buying from Josh comes with complete peace of mind i have got plenty from him for my installs.
I understand from a buyer's perspective, I'm one of those who bought into Optoma as influenced by it's popularity, price and the heart settling knowledge that it's indirectly from Josh...of which he provided great assistance during my installation.

However, from a seller's point of view, the question is why do people not hold on to their Optoma's as mich as they hold on to their BenQ's?

Offline KenMasters

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2018, 08:29:29 AM »
I understand from a buyer's perspective, I'm one of those who bought into Optoma as influenced by it's popularity, price and the heart settling knowledge that it's indirectly from Josh...of which he provided great assistance during my installation.

However, from a seller's point of view, the question is why do people not hold on to their Optoma's as mich as they hold on to their BenQ's?

I'd say it's two fold. As BiZKiT pointed out, probably more Optomas floating about, the other is that people that buy BenQ projectors are probably not AV enthusiasts since the brand doesn't have that reputation and so are less inclined to upgrade.