Author Topic: 4k streaming box  (Read 753 times)

Offline ron g

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: 4k streaming box
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 10:49:21 PM »
Why do you want this is my question surely all 4K smart TV's will be able to stream direct?

as i said above my tv streams netflix 4k just fine. or as well as the line currently allows. when i started this post i had not thought of this option.

but the remote is big & chunky, with a whole heap of buttons in illogical (to me anyhow) places. plus it is ir & not very sensitive so has to be pointed at the tv to do anything.

the roku remote is small, convenient, with a minimal number of well placed buttons (though i really would prefer that they losr the application specific shortcut buttons).. it is also an rf remote, & very much non directional.

maybe i should have just bought a simple universal remote instead.   :giggle: :giggle:
is it just me or have bitcoin people gone a bitquiet because its a bitdown? #bitter

Offline MetalMilitia

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 07:42:06 AM »
I gotta be honest - I've really disliked Smart TVs. They've been slow and cumbersome in the past. Although my H7000 wasn't too bad, I still bought an Xbox One to stream media as it was just far better to use.

But.

When I got my KU7000, I changed my mind. The interface was quick and fluid. I use Smart every day and sold off any external streamers that I had before. And that's now 2 generations back - so I'd imagine Smart from 2016 is great.

LG's WebOS is also fantastic. Even our 4 year old daughter can navigate Netflix and YouTube on it with the accompanying air mouse remote control

Only issue I've had thus far is no DSTV Now app on the LG app store

Offline ron g

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 11:47:58 AM »

use of tv app is now academic since my tv was stolen last night along with my scooby (sti). 2nd scooby stolen in 5 months....    :walled: :walled: :walled:

& having just completed the process of obtaining replacement id & driver's license i have to start all over again since they were in my wallet which was also stolen.

is it just me or have bitcoin people gone a bitquiet because its a bitdown? #bitter

Offline juventino

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 01:15:39 PM »

use of tv app is now academic since my tv was stolen last night along with my scooby (sti). 2nd scooby stolen in 5 months....    :walled: :walled: :walled:

& having just completed the process of obtaining replacement id & driver's license i have to start all over again since they were in my wallet which was also stolen.

What was the tv doing in the Scooby?

Only kidding sorry to hear about the break in. As long as everyone is good, possessions can be replaced
Time to get back to when I enjoyed listening......no more upgrading, more of a headache than a pleasure