Author Topic: In need of a new AVR  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
Re: In need of a new AVR
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »
Have you had them side by side? Can you honestly say the Denon is built as well as the Yamaha?

Let's just say that I have serviced/repaired many brands of AVR products over the years and the only one that comes to mind as not perhaps quite up to "superior build quality" just might be the revered Sansui AU-111. I have three of these inferior products. Would I sell any of them? Not on your life! Messy construction, maybe, but exceptional audio quality! Denon build quality is perfectly sound.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 07:49:49 AM »
Ok let me put it differenlly as to not sound bias in any way.

Yamaha i have hade almost everyone since the 2067. All have been slightly different and need to be tweeked as the ypo does not do a good job, for some reason Yamaha does not favour bass. This is why im saying dont diss Yamaha if you cant set them up correctly.

Ok on to my honest opinion on both.

Denon i like the sound in stereo and its far better then Yamaha but that is where it ends.  The sound in movies some might like but it far to in your face for me. The build puts me off, knobs are plastic, most of its plastic. Yes they preform just like a Renault does but its still not better then a GTi. Maybe for a lap or two but in the end you buy the GTi.

Yamaha built like a tank, everything works like it should day in and day out for years and years.  Just my 2c so use it or dont this is how i feel.

Offline Drifter

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • otherside of the Boerewors Gordyn ...
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 07:35:50 PM »
Having owned both Yamaha and Denon & Marantz, my perceived preference is exactly the opposite i.e. I prefer Denon to Yamaha in both sound and build quality.

Personal preference means nothing however. Buy with your ears.