Author Topic: In need of a new AVR  (Read 1136 times)

Offline andredt

In need of a new AVR
« on: June 05, 2018, 08:00:08 AM »
Hello Guys.

So my trust marantz Sr7005 have served me very well for the past 6+ years, im afraid that tho new tech will force me soon to upgrade. ( im going 4k Tv Route and Sr7005 wont pass the signal)

What is future proof features i need to look at?

4k Pass through
Atmos
Dolby audio
there is so many

One of the receivers im currently looking at  is the Denon X4400H looks pretty well packed with features.

For the love of music.
B&W Rotel Marantz H&K Micro Seiki

Offline KenMasters

Re: In need of a new AVR
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 08:13:29 AM »
The Denon should have you well covered in terms of the current spec. End of this year will see HDMI 2.1 equipped devices start to crop up, so you should wait until next year's models if you really want to be up to date. It really depends on what features you feel you'll need for the display you plan on purchasing. Also bear in mind, a number of HDMI 2.1 features can be implemented on HDMI 2.0x devices, for instance eARC will be coming to the Denon X4400H.

Offline andredt

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 08:18:22 AM »
Thanks Bud.

This is the TV im planning on buying.

Basically i want something that is future proof for the next 5 years. LG OLED55B7V

I cant afford to upgrade more often then a 5 year cycle.
For the love of music.

Offline KenMasters

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 08:19:38 AM »
If that's the TV, you're more than covered by the Denon.

Offline andredt

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 08:31:32 AM »
If that's the TV, you're more than covered by the Denon.

Is there something wrong with this TV?

Plan is also to buy this an be future proof for 5 years?

For the love of music.

Offline KenMasters

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 09:08:11 AM »
Is there something wrong with this TV?

Plan is also to buy this an be future proof for 5 years?

No, nothing, it's a great TV and at a great price to boot. The TV and AVR are perfectly suited to one another and nothing upcoming will change that, but the Ultra HD spec is well beyond the ability of any current display so don't expect things to stay stagnant on the display technology front - there will be big advances.

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 11:49:44 AM »
for me always Yamaha, had a Denon for a month and never again :2c:

Offline andredt

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 01:13:50 PM »
for me always Yamaha, had a Denon for a month and never again :2c:

What was wrong with the Denon?
For the love of music.

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 04:07:03 PM »
if you are use to Yamaha the build quality is cheap cheap plastic everywhere. And it went into protection mode for no reason. Got flippen warm also very fast.

In all my years not a single Yamaha has failed ever even the ones i sold on are still going. I deal in both if you are in the market Andre.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:09:37 PM by BiZKiT »

Offline revtoluck

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 05:22:27 AM »
One man's poison is another one's meat. I can say the same about Yamaha. I will never buy a Yamaha AVR. So at the end he must make his own decision. He must audition a couple of brands, but when it comes to AVR, Yamaha is way below Denon. As for the AVR getting warmer, it is expected as it is processing audio and video. Everything gets warm, my Rotel RMB 1095, RMB 1075 and Denon AVR X3200W get warm but they carry on performing day after day.

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 07:28:22 AM »
One man's poison is another one's meat. I can say the same about Yamaha. I will never buy a Yamaha AVR. So at the end he must make his own decision. He must audition a couple of brands, but when it comes to AVR, Yamaha is way below Denon. As for the AVR getting warmer, it is expected as it is processing audio and video. Everything gets warm, my Rotel RMB 1095, RMB 1075 and Denon AVR X3200W get warm but they carry on performing day after day.

Just because you dont know how to setup a Yamaha does not make it less of a receiver then Denon. Im not getting into this again with you. Yes he needs to decide for himself at the end of the day, im just pointing out there inferior build quality.

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 07:47:11 AM »
^^
im just pointing out there inferior build quality.

This is complete rubbish, Denon has an excellent reputation as quality equipment.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 08:04:02 AM »
^^
This is complete rubbish, Denon has an excellent reputation as quality equipment.

-F_D

Have you had them side by side? Can you honestly say the Denon is built as well as the Yamaha?

Offline revtoluck

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 08:33:52 AM »
Just because you dont know how to setup a Yamaha does not make it less of a receiver then Denon. Im not getting into this again with you. Yes he needs to decide for himself at the end of the day, im just pointing out there inferior build quality.

It has got nothing to do with knowing how to setup. I can do it automatically and also manually. The point here you seem to conclude that one brand is greater than the other and your opinion is final. Let me tell you, you are wrong. And you wouldn't get annoyed if you are just giving your opinion and someone else expresses theirs. Build quality or no build quality everyone has their own perception and liking, just like you, you like Yamaha. Performance wise, I will disagree with you until the end. Maybe if you talk about Yamaha integrated amps.

Offline optimus

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 09:10:38 AM »
Just to jump in on the Denon vs Yamaha bit .

I have owned both and didn't think much of changing brands when the time came to get a newer receiver  .

I didn't think that changing an AVR would bring such a difference in sound but it did . I am not knowledgeable enough to describe the differences but I much preferred the Denon sound .