Audessy MultiEQ X32 - subwoofer level very low

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vee

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a Denon X6300 and have run the room correction software again last night but I feel it sets the subwoofer level too low for my liking (its a Sunfire HRS12 which i like to feel as much as hear). Before starting, Audessy requests to adjust the subs volume so that it is in the 75db range as indicated by the audessy mic - this means my subs volume button has to be set to about 25%. After room correction is finished I see that Audessy has set the sub level to +8db (max +10db) meaning its adjusted the volume up electronically...

In the amp settings:
  • The crossover on the amp for the sub is set to 120hz (im not sure if I had the sub crossover set to bypass when running the correction)
    Crossover for the rest of the speakers set to 80hz
    All speakers set to 'large'
    Speaker distances seem fine but i did notice that the sub was set to 6m away when in fact it is about 2.5m away from the listening position
Im not sure what to do with the phase setting on the sub.
Will bypass the crossover on the sub when running the software again tonight but any comments or suggestions on how to get to where I need the sound to be will be great. System is 60% movies and 40% stereo (Stereo settings are manual with no sub used and speakers to full band)
thanks

Latest posts