Repeated relay switching problem with denon x4000 and HTPC

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 15714

Reaction score
Yo,

So I hope someone might be able to help me with this, at wits end on what the try next.

My setup is a Windows 10 PC as my HTPC running a Radeon HD 7950 with the latest drivers. The PC is connected to the avr via HDMI cable from the Radeon out to the Media Center in.

Since a few window-updates ago, I started getting a repeated clicking noise when windows would start up. The AVR is basically switching back and from from no surround to full 7.1 surround ever 2 seconds (On the LCD display, the 7.1 speaker-config and the PCM tag appears and disappears as the relays switch).

I've tried old AMD drivers and new AMD drivers, but nothing helps, and it also worsens to about 3-4 switches per second after watching an episode on Netflix. I've also tried different HDMI cables and also tried "dropping" the front end from and inch-height (as someone suggested on avforums.co.za.com that it might have to do with cold-contacts on the hdmi).

The other strange bit, is that if I start to watch something with True-HD sound and quit the video after a few seconds, the switching stops and the configuration stays on True-HD and 7.1

So, ya, any help would be appreciated :)

-G-