Denon Receiver mystery

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coach

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
:help: :help:

I have a Denon 3313 receiver for my HT and connected to it is an external Rotel 1066 power amp.
I am using the Rotel in bridge mode to power my fronts.  this setup I have had now for quite a while.  I recently changed my front speakers, if that means anything to the issue at hand.  this combination continued to work for another week or so until recently when the Denon preouts just went silent on me.  I have rerun audyssey quite a few times now to no avail.  the surrounds and surrounds back are connected directly to the receiver and they work fine but I get no sound from the fronts.  after running audyssey I had to turn the volume past 50 (max is 80) to hear anything but by then the surrounds were screaming. when I connect ALL the speakers directly to the receiver I get sound.

To eliminate the power amp being the issue,i tried another power amp in the place of the Rotel and still no sound.  I connected the RCA from the rotel directly to the PVR and there was sound so its clear to me the issue is with the receiver.
this morning, with the help of Andrew from Homemation, I reset factory settings (up and down curser together with power button), reran audyssey and still no joy.  I now have to wait for Norman (Denon guru) at Homemation who is absent today.

I suspect it is something with settings because there is sound coming through but as I said, I have to crank up to 50 to just about hear anything.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks