Author Topic: Tyll Hertsens @ InnerFidelity - Retires  (Read 309 times)

Offline dkronie

Tyll Hertsens @ InnerFidelity - Retires
« on: May 21, 2018, 12:08:00 PM »
Enjoy Retirement, one of the best headphone reviewers, thx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d31eTmqeEk
Northen Sub , Cape Town

Offline Scubadude

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Depressed? Cans on, volume up, ignore the world!
Re: Tyll Hertsens @ InnerFidelity - Retires
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 02:06:40 PM »
As with all things in audio "best" is a relative term.
 But I enjoyed his writing even if the Wall of Fame logic left a lot to be desired at times.
"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

Online cj

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 06:02:21 PM »
I cant say I agreed with his recommendations, but what I can say is that he was consistent. His tastes were very different my own, but because he stuck to them it made it easy for me to avoid certain phones.

I will miss his very in depth articles, now time to find the DHL truck moving the R500 000.00 wall of fame to its new home...

Offline kamikazi

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 08:54:04 PM »
Tyll has been around for as long as I remember since developing an interest in headphone listening from the Headroom days. I will really miss his thorough and interesting articles. The most memory moment was still watching the Ultrasone Edition 10 review (well I felt really sorry for him)! I think he had exceptional hearing and as such he was sensitive to any nasties headphones will inevitably throw out, particularly in the treble and that always guided his particular taste in headphones as well as an aversion to distortion. While I doubt many always saw eye to eye with how he saw things, and headphones is a very personal thing, he was always consistent and it was usually easy to find some relative point of view compared to how "Tyll saw it".

Tyll, hope you have a happy retirement and enjoy your new adventures and many thanks for your immense contribution to the headphone community!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:56:50 PM by kamikazi »

Offline Raul Don

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 08:50:39 PM »
The man who first introduced BALANCED amps if i'm not mistaken.
whoeva has the HD800/Balanced Ultra Desktop Amp/UDAC/Desktop Power Supply from Headroom pretty much heard the pinnacle of sound quality.
itz subjective i know.  ;)