Author Topic: Digital Audio Players ... anyone?  (Read 4666 times)

Offline canman1971

Re: Digital Audio Players ... anyone?
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2018, 09:57:31 AM »
The Cayin DAPs also offer great value for money. According to the manufacturer the Cayin N5iiS is compatible with Campfire Andromeda - have not listened to the combo / cannot comment.

OPUS#3 is compatible with Campfire Andromeda / reasonably priced DAP.

COWON Plenue 2 is compatible with Campfire Andromeda - not a cheap combo.

Campfire offer an incredible musical experience when paired with compatible DAPs - not cheap.

DAP technology is advancing at a rapid rate however not many all-in-one units offer low impedance up to 600ohms to drive flagship headphones with the control of a desktop system.

Not punting the above brands - there are some very highly regarded DAP brands available.

From my experience, pairing and matching of Flagship Headphones / In Ear Headphones / IEMs is critical including the cabling and lengths.

To add to the above there are some brands that do not offer a battery replacement service to the locally appointed agent - these must be return shipped at the end users cost and in most cases the manufacturer deems the unit end-of-life and offers a discount on a replacement unit.

Offline canman1971

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2019, 11:50:35 PM »
Lotoo PAW6000 shockingly good.

Offline stereosane

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2019, 10:45:54 AM »
So I'm very new to DAPs, I've got a Nad C315bee amp with the 3.5mm front socket for portable players, I just tried my Fiio X3 Gen2 through it and I'm blown away, this has saved me so much space and hassle, it's a Dac plus media player for my digital files, no need for an external Dac and CD player or media player with all the extra plugs and interconnects, and to my ears it sounds better than the Nad C315 CD player. Convienience and amazing sound quality in one.

To be honest I can't see the need for a better source anymore, the Dac side is so good it sounds as good as any decent Dac under R10k, plus it's battery driven so no mains noise  :angel: and this is still on the entry level side of DAPs.

Offline ron g

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2019, 04:05:06 PM »

from what i can find on the web it seems that the paw 6000 will be a great price / performance option.
& you sit there in the rubble, till it starts to feel like home
mary gauthier

Offline canman1971

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2019, 11:23:32 PM »
So I'm very new to DAPs, I've got a Nad C315bee amp with the 3.5mm front socket for portable players, I just tried my Fiio X3 Gen2 through it and I'm blown away, this has saved me so much space and hassle, it's a Dac plus media player for my digital files, no need for an external Dac and CD player or media player with all the extra plugs and interconnects, and to my ears it sounds better than the Nad C315 CD player. Convienience and amazing sound quality in one.

To be honest I can't see the need for a better source anymore, the Dac side is so good it sounds as good as any decent Dac under R10k, plus it's battery driven so no mains noise  :angel: and this is still on the entry level side of DAPs.

My first DAP was a FiiO X3 Second Gen  ;D

Offline ron g

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2019, 01:10:06 PM »

paw 6000 inbound :rubhands: :rubhands: :rubhands:

mary gauthier

Offline Wolvebain

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2019, 12:25:02 PM »
paw 6000 inbound :rubhands: :rubhands: :rubhands:
I heard a rumor... that you attained DAP Godhood instead :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Please post pics!!!
Why stand on a silent platform?
Fight the war...

Offline ron g

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2019, 05:10:32 PM »
I heard a rumor... that you attained DAP Godhood instead :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Please post pics!!!

will do, still in a bit of shock - lotoo paw gold touch!~!!!!   :groovy: :2thumbs: :groovy: :2thumbs:
mary gauthier

Offline ron g

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2019, 05:56:13 PM »

will do, still in a bit of shock - lotoo paw gold touch!~!!!!   :groovy: :2thumbs: :groovy: :2thumbs:

listening to lpgt - he 560 through 3.5mm se output at the moment.
my ears can't detect any sign that it is struggling to drive them. in fact the combo sound crazy good to me.

so far it drives iems, plays line out to dac, & drives he 560 with no discernable shortcomings to me....

very, very, very happy.
mary gauthier

Offline capetownwatches

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2019, 04:42:54 PM »
Congrats Ron - definitely TOTL DAP status...again!!  :groovy:

Offline naughty

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2019, 10:11:40 PM »

listening to lpgt - he 560 through 3.5mm se output at the moment.
my ears can't detect any sign that it is struggling to drive them. in fact the combo sound crazy good to me.

so far it drives iems, plays line out to dac, & drives he 560 with no discernable shortcomings to me....

very, very, very happy.

Congrats on the LPGT Ron - hope you enjoy it a lot together with the R2R2000 and the Andromeda too - two DAPs that are holy grail status so I reckon everyone needs to envy you (and Adam too)

I would be ecstatic if I could have even one of those DAPs - and I'm sure with either of them I wouldn't miss not having a speaker based system anymore