Author Topic: Immigration Sales  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Dolby

Re: Immigration Sales
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 04:33:23 PM »
Does anyone emigrating have a set of Kef LS50 for me, please?

:flame:

Online Curlycat

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 05:05:20 PM »
South Africa is my country. I am here to stay and here I will die too. It's my home.

Offline legro

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2018, 05:28:40 PM »
Spoken like someone who hasn't done it hence my reason for doing it for my children. It is an adventure, life is far to serious not to at least have the most fun possible and experience as many news things as you can otherwise you land up being a doubting cynic.

They will be raised knowing there is so much more to the world than SA and once you live closer to Europe and the East travel becomes much easier and more affordable. That coupled with the chances of better education, thankfully they will pass a grade due to having good marks and not because the pass mark was dropped so that any lazy person could get through.

Sorry, I did come over a tad harshly in the beginning. From my experience many who leave do not quite appreciate what they have here. And yes, I've been outside of SA many times.

My kid has three passports.  I sincerely hope he will need, and want to use,  only one.

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2018, 05:47:03 PM »
^^^thatís one of the problems many of the kids will have later on.  You can emigrate but theyíll still be South African when they want to go to University, work etc.  if they are lucky enough to have multiple citizenshipís, all is good.  Most do not
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Rotten Johnny

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2018, 05:50:07 PM »
I often get criticized for putting the UK down (sorry RJ)
no issues with you or anyone putting down the UK, I just found it funny that everytime I commented on SA you found it necessary to do the same re UK.  I don't for a second think the UK is fantastic.  Wherever you choose to locate yourself in the world today is a compromise unless you're so wealthy money just doesn't feature on your list of priorities. What I do know though is that despite the world largely being a mess, as a family we have a better shot at safety, a sustainable standard of living and future outside South Africa
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline King_Julian_S

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2018, 07:09:01 PM »
Cybersecurity, Fraud Prevention and Investigations for banks
Thatís my field .. doing IT auditing currently and ethical hacking etc...
Non audiophile music lover...

Offline Rotten Johnny

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2018, 07:19:10 PM »
^^^ they'll deny you access on grounds of listening to vinyl and knowing jack schiit about digital. 
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline Drifter

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • otherside of the Boerewors Gordyn ...
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2018, 07:45:02 PM »
Thatís my field .. doing IT auditing currently and ethical hacking etc...

Have you done CISA?

Offline Adagio

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • "Keep your coins, I want Change"
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2018, 08:07:38 PM »
but how long before it is good again.

Once Mandela comes back down reincarnated.  :nfi:

Offline King_Julian_S

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2018, 08:13:14 PM »
Have you done CISA?
Ney ..not .. Iíve only been given the opportunity due to my many years of experience in operations and IT etc..
So I literally support and play a consulting/guidance role to the auditors .. also train and coach youngsters on learner-ships etc...  to be honest I donít have much interest in the generic audit papers cause they seem very meaningless and by large seem to teach ineffective( excuse the pun) framework tick box approach etc... in reality the complexity , strategy , value chains , fit for purpose solutions, benefit realization ,  etc ... all play a role and unless one have a good working knowledge of IT information systems , operations and data processing etc things like cybersec and resilience of systems will definitely not be answered by general controls ... imo ofcourse ...

Offline King_Julian_S

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2018, 08:17:27 PM »
^^^ they'll deny you access on grounds of listening to vinyl and knowing jack schiit about digital.
I know more about how to code at the lowest assembler levels etc then you might imagine ...
See ... even in my field I donít find the very convenient phyton etc as exciting and good as good old ASM , COBOL , CICS etc ..

Long live Os390 and Vinyl ...

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2018, 08:28:02 PM »
All hail FORTRAN 77 and Vinyl! My coding is crap nowadays (or programming as it used to be known unless you went full machine code on an early computer).  Still better than most of my third and final year students who cr@p themselves when asked to use Matlab (each time I set an assignment in that, I have to relearn it, but it is basically a scientific calculator).
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Jazzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • S.E.T. for life!
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2018, 08:58:43 PM »
No one is saying it, but the cold hard reality is: the future prospects for any white person in this country are not good..
Of any white person, really?
The most privileged have no future prospects?
So then who has future prospects?
The Vinyl Frontier!

Offline pwatts

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2018, 09:10:57 PM »
No one except a select elite. TIA.

Offline King_Julian_S

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2018, 09:17:48 PM »
Of any white person, really?
The most privileged have no future prospects?
So then who has future prospects?
Letís see how much privilege you have here to dare make such challenging comments ... 

I can see a decontamination heading your way ....